The Nationally recognised, Inspire Partnership Academy Trust, is looking to appoint an ambitious and creative SENCO to our 'Medway Excellence Hub'
As our award-winning academy trust continues to undergo exponential growth, we are looking to appoint new SENCO’s from September 2018 to further build our capacity, for our children, through our work at Elaine Primary School within our 'Medway Excellence Hub'.
From September 2018, we are looking to build further capacity, and are looking for SENCO’s interested in working in our 'Medway Excellence Hub'. We are flexible about remuneration, dependant on your experience and what you can offer our children.
We are seeking qualified SENCO applicants (or be in the process of completing your NASENCO award), who are enthusiastic and committed to the aims of SEND and who are prepared to be an integral part of our Senior Leadership Teams; capable of initiating and developing effective strategies which enable our SEND pupils to achieve their very best potential.
We are seeking the most aspirational and creative staff who share our belief that success is gained by developing a growth mind set; one which values effort and believes anything is possible.
In joining us, we will offer you the very best CPD and career development. This includes:
- A competitive salary
- A core offer of professional development with opportunities to engage in research programmes
- Outstanding leadership development and support
- Opportunities to learn and grow within a network of schools connected with the Inspire Partnership and influence our National recognition
- To lead the strategic development of SEND policy and provision in line with recent legislation
- To lead on the day-to-day co-ordination of SEND provision including identification and transition, intervention and support, monitoring and evaluation for all students with special educational needs or a disability in line with statutory duties and best practice, including Annual/Transition Reviews
- To develop an inclusive culture for all by providing effective intervention and support to ensure all students achieve
- To support all staff in understanding the needs of SEND pupils and develop effective ways of bridging barriers to learning. This will include leading/organising staff CPD, where required
- To monitor the progress of pupils with SEND and evaluate the effectiveness of their learning. This should guide future intervention and strategy, including applications required for additional funding through the EHCP process
- To analyse and interpret data and advise on developments required to maximise achievement
- To liaise with staff, parents, external agencies and other schools to co-ordinate their contribution to provide maximum support and continuity of provision
- To ensure that pupils and parents are supported and effectively advised at key transition points, ensuring that guidance is given regarding progression and pathways best suited to the specific needs of each SEND student
- To lead a small team of specialist teaching assistants and of external consultants/providers as appropriate.
Our vision is to ensure all children receive the very best education. We aim to make life-changing differences within our diverse communities and part of this role will involve working within and across the Inspire Partnership to share best practice and develop SEND provision across all of our schools.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all pupils. Any offer to successful candidates will be conditional upon an Enhanced Disclosure being obtained by the Disclosure & Barring Service.
Open Evening: Wednesday 2nd May 2018
Taking place at Elaine Primary School, all applicants are warmly welcomed and school visits are strongly encouraged. We are hosting a unique open evening on Wednesday 2nd May 2018 from 6pm, where you will be able to see firsthand the achievements of our pupils and talk with our inspirational leadership teams to understand how the Inspire Partnership Academy Trust can be the next stage in your career.
To arrange a visit to any of our schools, or to register your interest in attending our open evening, please telephone 01634 294817 to make an appointment.
We look forward to meeting you!
Closing date for applications: Friday 18th May 2018 at 9.00am.
Shortlisting: Friday 18th May 2018. Shortlisting may take place earlier should the right candidate apply.
Pay scale: Negotiable depending on experience.
Open Evening: Wednesday 2nd May 2018 from 6pm, Elaine Primary School.
Post start date: 1st September 2018.