Job Start: September 2018
Location: Littlemore, Oxford
Salary: Main Scale or Upper Pay Spine
SEN Allowance: £4,158 pa
Additional Allowance for EAL: TLR3 £2,000
Contract Type: Full time and Permanent
An exciting opportunity has arisen for the post of a full time SENCO at The Oxford Academy. We are a Good school with Outstanding Leadership Management and Professional Development following our Ofsted inspection in 2016 and ranked in the top 0.2% of schools nationally and where behaviour in and around the school is exemplary.
You will need to be a Qualified SENCO and hold the National SENCO qualification or working towards completing the qualification.
• Qualified Teacher Status.
• Be an effective practitioner with excellent subject knowledge.
• Be an effective leader and ability to manage a team of Inclusion staff, Therapeutic Support and EAL teams.
• Strong behaviour and management skills.
• Excellent classroom practice.
• Good understanding of the UK national curriculum.
• Oversee the day-to-day operation of the academy’s SEN policy.
• Co-ordinate provision for children with SEN.
• Liaise with the relevant designated teacher where a ‘looked after’ student has SEN.
• Liaise with parents/carers of student with SEN.
• Have the ability to embrace and contribute to the vision and direction of the department as we strive for further success together.
• Have the ability to play a full role in maintaining and enhancing the current high standards in the department, modeling positive learning behavior, having high expectations of the students in all aspects of their learning.
The majority of support takes place within the classroom. Classroom support is prioritised for students with statements of SEN and EHC plans. As the designated SENCO your role is to be the first point of contact for teaching and support staff who work with students that have SEN or are currently undergoing assessment.
Application packs are available on the Oxford Academy website at: theoxfordacademy.org.uk
If you have, any queries about the application process or would like further information or to arrange a visit to the Academy, please contact Ann O’Reilly, HR Manager: email@example.com
Please use the TES online application.
Closing Date: Midday Friday 18 May 2018.
We regret that if you do not receive any correspondence by Friday 25 May 2018 please assume that your application has not been successful on this occasion.
The Oxford Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful applicant for any position will be required to undertake an enhanced disclosure via the DBS (disclosure and barring system) and appropriate Right to Work clearances.