‘Pupils are at the heart of all that leaders and staff do at this warm and welcoming school. Pupils’ behaviour in lessons and around school is impeccable. The school’s work to promote pupils’ personal development and welfare is outstanding.’ Ofsted March 2019
‘Staff support pupils with special educational needs and/or disabilities (SEND) well. Consequently, they enjoy their learning and make good progress.’ Ofsted March 2019
We seek to appoint for January, if possible or soon after, an inspirational SENCO to work as part of our team. You will be responsible for supporting children across the school that need extra assistance, taking responsibility for the day today high quality in-class and intervention support for SEN pupils, enabling them to make good progress in their learning. Candidates should have the National award for SEN Co-ordination.
The successful applicants will:
- Make a valuable contribution to the provision of high quality teaching and learning.
- Continue to develop the standards of SEN pupils throughout the school
- Actively support our extended curriculum
- Have a passion for providing a curriculum for all children to succeed
- Be able to work effectively within a supportive, committed and successful staff team
- Have high aspirations for themselves and a commitment to further development.
In return we can offer:
- A commitment to your professional development through training, coaching and mentoring.
- A well-resourced curriculum in a friendly and supportive working environment.
- Opportunity to work in the SW London Maths Hub developing your skills in teaching a mathematics mastery curriculum
- Opportunity to work with SW London English Hub developing skills for teaching phonics, reading and comprehension
- A proactive and enthusiastic staff team dedicated to learning.
Visits are warmly welcomed. Please contact Stephan Cook on 0208 8742653 to arrange a visit or for any further information. We look forward to hearing from you.
Car parking facilities are available.
An information pack, including a Job Description and Person Specification can be downloaded below or from the Wandsworth Council website https://jobs.richmondandwandsworth.gov.uk/
For any further details please Contact Mr Stephan Cook by email - email@example.com or telephone: 020 8874 2653
Completed application should be returned to the school either by email - firstname.lastname@example.org, post or fax.
Closing Date: 08 November 2019 (at noon)
Interviews: 12 November 2019
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Appointment subject to an enhanced DBS check and General Teaching Council check.
Please note we do not accept CVs.
St Faith's CE Primary School
Alma Road, Wandsworth
London, SW18 3AE
Tel: 020 8874 2653
Headteacher: Stephan Cook