Chestnut Park Primary School have an opening for a SENCo to join our supportive, ‘Outstanding’ (Ofsted 2019) committed and enthusiastic team.
• Do you have the desire to create a safe and nurturing learning experience for all children?
• Have you got the drive, creativity and personality to make a difference for our children?
• Could you be the exceptional SENCo we are looking for to join our innovative learning community?
Our goal is to ensure all children benefit from an inclusive education and achieve well within our ‘Dream-Achieve-Inspire’ vision. A key foundation of our successful school are our STRONG values and this supports our inclusive ethos.
We are committed to providing the very best education for our children. We provide exceptional learning environments with a community spirit. This positive culture permeates all aspects of school life and the promotion of learning, through the full range of teaching approaches, takes account of the needs of all learners.
We are seeking to appoint a newly qualified or experienced SENCO that has the appropriate qualification or experience to join our team, supported by GLF Schools. The successful applicant will be responsible for leading and developing the SEND provision and will be an exemplary practitioner with a proven record of expertise in special educational needs.
We can offer you:
• A first-class learning and working environment and welcoming and enthusiastic children who are keen to learn and enjoy learning
• Outstanding CPD opportunities through our collaboration with other GLF schools and GLF Teaching School
• The opportunity to be part of the schools’ continuing journey of improvement to be outstanding, working with a dedicated and hard-working staff, supportive parents and active Governance
• Recognition of previous school continuous service
• Maternity and sickness entitlement
The ideal candidate will:
• Have previous experience or have an exceptional understanding of teaching in the primary phase
• Have SEN experience and/or the National Award for Special Educational Needs Co-ordination
• Have an excellent understanding of the SEN code of practice
• Have both an excellent understanding of pupil progress and a willingness to embrace change
• Be open to new approaches to learning and teaching
• Be an excellent team player
Working Hours: 2 day a week, the day is to be agreed
Salary: UPS / Main Scale with a TLR/ competitive according to experience
Start date: Easter 2020 or earlier for the right candidate
If you would like further information, please contact the school office.
Closing date: January 17th 2020
Interviews: Wednesday 22nd January 2020 (or earlier if there is a good level of response)
GLF Schools is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Employment is subject to a satisfactory enhanced disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).
As a Trust, we are happy to talk flexible working. We reserve the right to withdraw this vacancy at any time ahead of the closing date if there is a good level of response. Therefore, we recommend you submit your application as early as possible.
Please be advised that references may be requested on receipt of your application. Please state if you wish this to be delayed until shortlisting/interviews have taken place.