SENCO - QTS Teacher, qualified as a SENCO or currently undertaking the training to join our wider leadership team
We are currently looking to recruit a SENCO to work in our inclusive secondary education setting. The role of SENCO is critical to ensuring that the students are provided with a high level of support to enable them to make academic progress and overcome social and emotional barriers to learning.
The successful candidate will be an inspirational teacher and team player who is committed to ensuring equality and inclusivity in school.
- be familiar with working in an SEND setting, PRU or mainstream secondary setting
- have the skills to work with children and young adults with challenging behaviour and remove barriers to their learning
- work with external bodies eg SENAR, Education Psychology
- complete necessary administration tasks including writing EHCPs
- be able to create individual support plans for learners
- deal with external issues that influence the progress a student is able to make in school
- provide counselling and support as necessary
- have strong communication skills allowing effective work across the school including with parents
Closing date: Monday 27 November 2017 (noon)
Interviews: w/b 27 November 2017
For further information see our website or email Mrs W Jones (School Support Manager): email@example.com
This school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect all staff and to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be subject to all necessary pre-employment checks, including: an enhanced DBS; Prohibition check; Childcare Disqualification (where applicable); qualifications (where applicable); medical fitness; identity and right to work. All applicants will be required to provide two suitable references.
Kings Heath Boys,
Birmingham B13 0QP
Tel: 0121 464 4454
Headteacher: Bernadette Przybek