Priory Lodge School, Priory Lane, Roehampton, SW15 5JJ
Hours: 37.5 hours per week, 08:30am - 16:30pm
Priory Education and Children’s Services is a leading company in the UK offering independent behavioural care for commissioners across the UK. With over 100 high quality schools, colleges and homes we focus on making a real and lasting difference for everyone we support.
The Priory Lodge School (PLS) is a school for young people aged 9 -19 with mild to moderate autistic spectrum disorders, Asperger’s Syndrome and associated learning difficulties. Located in Roehampton, SW London, we aim to deliver the highest level of education and care according to individual needs in a safe, positive and structured environment.
- Leader of SEN and inclusion and to support the school in securing effective education for all pupils and the continuous improvement of the school
- To lead by example as a teacher and a manager
- Hold all staff to account for their professional conduct and practice
- To evidence impact of their work reporting to Deputy and Head teacher
- Have a ‘core’ role in shaping and monitoring inclusion across the whole school
- Secure excellent teaching and support for SEND learners across the school in order to secure high standards of learning and attainment in all phases
- Ensure statutory requirements are met in relation to SEND learners including access to inclusion support services
- In consultation with the head teacher and deputy head teacher to manage resources for SEND/vulnerable learners including deployment of staff to ensure individual needs are met
- Be a deputy safeguarding lead, liaising with the safeguarding lead and undertaking early help assessments
- Contribute to the development of strategies, policies and practices aimed at raising standards of attainment and achievement throughout the school.
For all roles we require a minimum of two references. References provided must cover the last 3 years, for all of our services we will need to request all references from where you have worked with either Children or Vulnerable Adults. Please be advised that references will be requested prior to interview for all roles within our schools.
From education to hospitals, care homes and secure facilities, the Priory Group of Companies offers individually tailored, multidisciplinary treatment programmes for those with complex educational needs or requiring acute, long-term and respite mental healthcare.
Priory Education Services is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. All applicants must be willing to undergo safeguarding screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and disclosures with the relevant body at an enhanced level. We are an equal opportunities employer. Priory Education and Children's services will cover the cost of a DBS.
Priory Lodge School
- Special needs with independent funding
- Students of mixed gender, age 7 - 19 years
The Priory Lodge School is a purpose-built day school for young people with autistic spectrum disorders, in particular Asperger's Syndrome and associated learning difficulties. It is situated next to the Priory Hospital Roehampton.
The school opened i...