Your role will be:
- To ensure that Academy practice is compliant with the SEND Code of Practice (2014) and other relevant statutory requirements
- To work with the Academy Leadership team ensuring an ethos of Inclusion within the Academy and a culture of high aspirations for students with SEND
- To work with the Academy Leadership team ensuring the implementation of the Academy SEND Policy
- To ensure that the provision of SEND support is in accordance with the aims of the Academy and the curricular policies determined by the Governing Body and Principal of the Academy.
- To be responsible for maintaining the Academy’s SEND Profile, ensuring that it is always up-to-date and is an accurate picture of student SEND need across the Academy
- To be responsible for the accurate identification of SEND need across the Academy, ensuring a rigorous and thorough assessment process.
- To be a role model with regard to Quality First Teaching and differentiation within your own teaching practice
- To be responsible for the embedding of Quality First Teaching across the Academy
- To be responsible for the Academy SEND Offer, ensuring high quality targeted interventions enabling students with SEND to make better progress
- In consultation with the Academy Leadership Team, to provide a programme of professional development with regard to SEND, that ensures all staff have the knowledge, skills and understanding to plan teaching and learning effectively and enable students with SEND to make expected progress
- To be responsible for tracking the progress of students with SEND, using a wide range of Academy data relating to progress, attainment, referrals, exclusions, detentions and attendance to identify barriers to learning.
- To deploy staff and resources according to the needs of SEND students
- To write a termly report to the Governing body on progress and developments
You will have a wealth of opportunities to develop as a leader with the Harris Federation. We can offer you a range of bespoke courses and qualifications through our Teaching School, including our Aspiring Leaders NPQH for aspiring principals.
Succession planning is a key part of our success as a Federation, and we believe that we are at the forefront of developing the next generation of Leaders. We can help prepare you for your next Senior Leadership challenge, investing in your knowledge and expertise through regular support, coaching and a wide range of professional development and training.
In line with the Government’s announcement, our academy is closed until further notice. However, during this period it is our intention to continue with critical recruitment for key positions starting in September 2020. In place of academy interviews, alternative options will be offered so that no one is at a disadvantage, and applicants should expect telephone or virtual interviews, with the possibility of onsite academy interviews only in special cases. We want to reassure applicants that effective measures have been implemented to ensure their health and wellbeing whilst on academy premises.
Thank you for your cooperation during this difficult time.
What we are looking for
We look for talented individuals who want to be a part of transforming education in London, and helping create exceptional places of learning.
The successful candidate will be a qualified teacher who is able to model and advise on outstanding classroom practice, particularly in terms of Quality First Teaching. An additional specialist qualification would be an advantage.
Please download the job pack for a full job description and person specification.
As part of the Harris Federation, we can offer you a range of benefits, including:
- Access to a diverse network of phase and subject specialist groups
- Support and mentoring from some of the best leaders in education
- An Inner London Harris Allowance, plus a performance and loyalty bonus
- Pension scheme (TPS) and access to our Harris Wellbeing Cash Plan, covering a range of health and wellbeing benefits
- The opportunity to work with our amazing students!
Click here for a full list of Harris benefits.
About Harris Academy Peckham
Our vision at Harris Academy Peckham is to ensure every child achieves excellence in all aspects of academy life. We have high aspirations, both in terms of academic standards and personal development, in order to prepare students for the demands of the 21st century global workplace. We expect every child to excel, and will provide the necessary challenge and support to make this happen.
Why work at Harris Academy Peckham?
A place where all flourish, all feel valued and where achievement is the key to success.
An opportunity to join an ambitious academy at the heart of the local community, working with experienced and inspirational leaders towards an outstanding future.
The combination of the traditional values of good manners, strong discipline and respect with excellent teaching.
Generous Harris benefits package and excellent opportunities for personal and professional development.
The Harris Federation
Our academy is part of the Harris Federation, the leading large Multi Academy Trust in the country for both primary and secondary education. Harris has an unrivalled track record in raising standards and achieving success for the children in our academies.
Professional development and sharing best practice are a key part of the Harris Federation success, and we can draw on this to offer you top quality training at every stage of your career path, from Beginner Teacher to Middle Leader. We will invest in you with coaching, mentoring, and can offer a wide range of training programmes, delivered by our Teaching School Alliance.
We look for talented teachers who are passionate about their subject and making a difference. You can help us transform education in London, and create exceptional places of learning.
Please note: academies may hold interviews as and when applications are received, and this job may be withdrawn at any point without notice. You will still be able to add information until the closing date, but you will not be able to submit your application. With this in mind, you are encouraged to apply as early as possible.
Harris academies are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All offers of employment are subject to an Enhanced DBS check, and where applicable, a prohibition from teaching check will be completed for all applicants. In line with our commitments to safeguarding, the Harris Federation uses preferred agencies and is unable to work with any agencies where Terms of Business have not been agreed by both parties prior to an engagement. Harris Federation is fully committed to equality and to valuing diversity as an employer and a provider of education. Click here to view our full equality and diversity statement.