SENCO for September 2019
St. Teresa’s seeks to appoint a well qualified and enthusiastic full time SENCO. If you are passionate about Special Educational needs we would love to hear from you. You will be responsible for leading, managing and developing all aspects of SEN such as :
· responsible for the day to day implementation of the SEN policy
· co-ordinate additional support for pupils with SEN and liaise with their parents, teachers and other professionals who are involved with them.
· To liaise with all staff to ensure they are aware of the individual needs of students and appropriate strategies to use.
· To organise in-house screening and outside assessments.
· To analyse MidYIS and YELLIS data and make it accessible to staff.
· To interpret screening and assessment data and communicate its significance to staff and parents.
· To observe students who are flagged up by teachers and organise an appropriate course of action.
· To maintain communication with parents of students with special needs to ensure extra one to one support is maintained.
· To handle JCQ applications for exam concessions.
· To meet prospective parents and discuss how the school can meet the needs of their child.
· To adapt individual timetables in light of the student’s needs.
· To be a qualified teacher and have the National Award for SEN Coordination
This position offers an exciting opportunity to work within a dynamic, highly successful school situated in 55 acres of parkland in the beautiful Surrey Hills. A generous salary package is available for the right candidate.
St. Teresa’s is going through a period of very exciting development and the School has grown by nearly 50% over the last three years.
Applicants should request further details from Mrs Natacha Menzies, PA to the Headmaster on 01372 452037 (firstname.lastname@example.org).
As part of St. Teresa’s commitment to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, any offer of employment to this post will be subject to receipt of a satisfactory enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check. The closing date for this post is Monday 20 May 2019 but early applications are welcomed.