Salary Grade: MPS - UPS
Salary Band: £25,714 - 41,604 pa
Allowance: SEN 2 £4479
Contract Type: Permanent
Contract Term: All year round
Closing Date: 31/01/2021
Interview Date: to be confirmed
Hours: 32.5 pw
About the Opportunity
Are you a qualified SENCO with experience working in a Secondary SEMH Setting?
We are looking for an experienced SENCO to join our SEMH Secondary School in Swindon. This is a fantastic opportunity for an aspiring teacher to enhance their experience as an education professional by assisting the school's Leadership Team in leading the provision for SEMH needs.
For full information on this exciting opportunity, please see the attached job description and person specification.
The successful candidate will be
• A dynamic, inspirational and enthusiastic classroom practitioner with high expectations in your own classroom.
• Fully committed to learning, high quality teaching and raising standards of all students.
• Passionate about your subject; able to inspire and motivate students and staff.
• Committed to ensuring all students reach their potential.
• Able to recognise opportunities and face challenges, whilst maintaining your sense of humour and care for young people.
• Capable of promoting partnerships and collaborative working.
• A role model for our students and staff.
More information about the school can be found on our website - https://www.stlukes.swindon.sch.uk/about
We know that your role requires you to put a lot of time and effort into it and because of this we believe that you should be rewarded. As a White Horse Federation employee you will have access to benefits listed below.
Some benefits are accessible by all staff irrespective of their contract type (marked with a 'T' on the list below). Some are only available to permanent employees following a successful probationary period (marked with a 'P' on the list below):
• Car purchase scheme (P)
• Reward Gateway discounts (P&T)
• Cashback healthcare plan (P)
• Discounted gym membership scheme (P&T)
• Hire purchase Cycle to Work scheme (P)
• Free and confidential advice, information and counselling service (P&T)
• Excellent pension scheme (P&T)
Why work with Us?
The White Horse Federation (TWHF) is a not-for-profit Multi-Academy Trust that supports and sponsors many primary, secondary and special schools across Swindon, Wiltshire, Gloucestershire, Oxfordshire and Berkshire.
Its shared vision for excellence through partnership means it is also committed to keeping the best of what makes a local school great - in other words, the type of schools where TWHF colleagues would be proud to send their own children.
TWHF combines a relentless drive for academic excellence with a shared moral purpose and shared values, while ensuring that fun and happiness are a key attribute of each of its schools. TWHF believes that partnership-working with its schools, pupils and their parents, as well as the wider community, helps create the best possible outcomes for all children.
TWHF empowers its colleagues through support, training and career opportunities to recruit and retain outstanding staff who are leaders in their field. That way TWHF can ensure that every student achieves their full potential, regardless of background, culture, heritage or ability.
The White Horse Federation is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. If successful for this position you will be expected to apply for a disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service before appointment is confirmed. References will be sought on shortlisted candidates before interview.
St Luke's Academy
- Special needs with state - academy funding
- Students of mixed gender, age 11 - 16 years