Our aim is to re-engage young people to lead to reintegration to school, further education or employment
Job Title: SENCo
Location: North West – Bury/Oldham
Salary: approx. £35,000 based upon experience
Start Date: As soon as possible
Contract Type: Full Time
Contract Term: Permanent
EdStart Specialist Independent School first opened in South Manchester in September 2010, and now operates across multiple sites across Greater Manchester.
Our primary function is Alternative Provision, serving the region’s schools and young people by developing a suitable environment and curriculum to match their varying needs.
As we grow and develop, we are looking to strengthen our team and ensure that we are providing the best opportunities and support for our students. We are therefore looking to appoint a SENCo to be based at our centre in Bury or Oldham however, flexibility is required to work remotely across our other sites.
You will be responsible for the day to day centre management of the centre with some teaching element along with responsibility for the SENCo role for Edstart students as a whole.
• Have experience of working in a SENCo role ideally in an SEN setting
• Be a teacher with the passion and skills to help all our students fulfil their potential
• Be able to keep accurate records and through follow through plans to completion
• Working closely with other professionals in Edstart at all levels and with other agencies so that there is an effective cycle of pupil performance improvement
• Liaise with other providers, outside agencies, educational psychologists and external agencies
How to apply
For an application pack or an informal chat regarding this opportunity and working for Edstart please contact Tracy Harrison on 0191 267 6555 or email email@example.com.
Completed application forms should be submitted by 3pm on Friday 27th September 2019 to Tracy Harrison via email.
We will consider applications as they are submitted and reserve the right to interview prior to closing date. Please therefore submit your application as soon as completed.
Your application is a direct permanent application to Edstart. Vision for Education is our recruitment partner and manages our permanent appointments.
All posts are subject to DBS clearance. All staff are responsible for the safeguarding and promotion of the welfare of children.
Head Office: 5 Gerald Road, Salford, M6 6DW