Join The Gatwick School Team!
Due to the growth of our all through school, and following on from our recent Ofsted report where we were graded 'Good' in all judgement areas, we are delighted to announce that we are now recruiting for the following position:
For April 2018 or September 2018:
The ideal candidate will:
- Have previous experience or have an exceptional understanding of teaching in either primary or secondary phase.
- Have SEN experience and/or National Award for Special Educational Needs Co-ordination.
- Have an excellent understanding of the SEN code of practice.
- Have an excellent understanding of pupil progress and a willingness to embrace change.
- Be open to new approaches to learning and teaching.
- Be an excellent team player.
Our pupils, parents, staff and Governors have established a successful, popular and highly aspirational all through (age 4-16) school. We have sky-high expectations of our children and staff. Working together, we will produce well-rounded, open-minded adults with a zest for learning and life.
For more information please see the attached Job Description. Should you wish to visit the school, please call us on 01293 538779 and speak to Sonia Mitchinson who can arrange this with you. If you would like an informal conversation with the Head of School please call Mark Roessler on 07807 259185.
The Gatwick School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Any successful applicant will be required to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure check by the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).
We reserve the right to withdraw this vacancy at any time ahead of closing date if there is a good level of response. Therefore, we would recommend that you submit your application as early as possible, applications will be assessed across the Christmas holidays.
Please be advised that references may be requested on receipt of your application.