We are looking for an inspirational SENCo to devise and implement targeted support and challenge for individuals and small groups. The SENCo will ensure that our students’ special educational needs are met effectively by co-ordinating annual reviews and overseeing the implementation of the resulting strategies. Working with the Assistant Head Academic, the SENCo shapes the school’s SEN policy and champions SEN awareness with both students and staff. The role is varied, challenging and incredibly rewarding.
The ideal candidate will:
- Have specialist knowledge and experience of identifying, evaluating and providing effective strategies for pupils with SEN.
- Hold a current SpLD Assessment Practising Certificate or equivalent Level 5 qualification.
- Have the capacity to deliver outstanding teaching.
- Have strong communication, interpersonal and administrative skills.
- Be familiar with JCQ regulations regarding the processing of access arrangements for public examinations would be an advantage.
We welcome applications from experienced secondary teachers looking to specialise further, who are willing to undertake an Accredited Level 7 Diploma in Assessment and Intervention.
The Assistant Head Academic, Ms Rohaise Flint can be reached by email on email@example.com for any further questions about the department and the role.
The Assistant Head Academic, Ms Rohaise Flint can be reached by email on firstname.lastname@example.org for any further questions about t he department and the role.
Completed applications are to be emailed to our HR Manager, Mrs Gillian Coleman, at: email@example.com
Applications will be reviewed upon receipt.
The School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the role, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Burgess Hill Girls
- Mainstream school with independent funding
- All-through with sixth form
- Girls school with students of age 3 - 19 years