Smart Teachers is recruiting for a passionate and experienced SENCO to become part of a welcoming two-form entry primary school in Brent, North West London. The desired Special Education Needs Coordinator / SENCO will have experience of leading other staff and teaching students with special educational needs. The successful Special Education Needs Coordinator / SENCO will join the school from September 2018, on a full time long-term contract until the end of the academic year, with the potential of being offered a generous permanent contract.
About the Role
· Special Education Needs Coordinator / SENCO
· Part of Senior Leadership Team
· Lead inclusion throughout the school
· Supporting the Head Teacher and Deputy Head with organisation and administration
· Ensuring high quality teaching and learning to all students
· Liaising with staff, parents, governors and other external bodies
· Managing and supporting staff working with SEN and 1:1 students
· Provide training and support with a focus on teaching and learning, through joint planning, modelling lessons, team teaching, etc.
· 50% teaching timetable of pupils with special educational needs
· Commencing September 2018
· Full time, long term contract
· Daily rate starting from £140 per day – depending on experience
About the School
· Two form entry primary school
· Based in Brent, North West London
· This is a supportive and inclusive school
· Exciting opportunities for career progression and development
· Provides a creative and inspiring curriculum to match the students’ needs with different learning styles and needs
· Serves a multicultural community
· Promotes a healthy lifestyle and provides a healthy eating guidelines to children and parents
· Located between zones 2 and 3 with easily accessible transport links
In order to be considered for this role, the Year 3 Teacher / KS2 Teacher will need to meet the following criteria:
· Bachelor of Education / PGCE / or equivalent teaching degree
· Proven experience teaching the UK curriculum for a minimum of 1 term
· NQTs and OS-trained teachers welcome to apply
· Established behaviour management required
· Eligible to work in the UK (must have valid visa)
· Recent classroom-based references and valid DBS/police checks
As well as being part of this school's community, working with Smart Teachers also gives you access to:
· Free CPD workshops
· Regular social events
· Consultant exclusivity
Interested in Applying?
To apply you must be eligible to work in the UK and meet all national safeguarding criteria. Please email your CV to email@example.com quoting job reference number BXB25203.
Due to the high volume of applications received, please note only suitable candidates will be contacted.
Smart Teachers is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Candidates registering with Smart Teachers will need to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure via the DBS and/or provide police checks from other countries, where appropriate. Smart Teachers is an equal opportunities employer.