The Laurus Trust is a growing multi-academy trust in the North West of England.
The vision of the Trust is for everyone regardless of background or circumstance to be inspired, to thrive in all environments, to recognise what it takes to succeed, to set aspirational goals and to work hard to achieve them. In the recent Staff Engagement Survey 97% of our employees stated that they would recommend working for Laurus Trust to their friends.
All our Laurus Schools are hugely oversubscribed and have a reputation, both locally and further afield, for outstanding teaching and learning through the relentless pursuit of excellence and the determination to ensure that every child succeeds. Our founder school Cheadle Hulme High School was judged Outstanding in every single category by Ofsted in 2011 and 2015.
In September 2019, Hazel Grove High School joined the Laurus Trust. The 2019 results saw an exceptionally high proportion of our students gaining good passes at GCSE and A Level. Our students’ achievements this year continue Hazel Grove High School’s proud tradition of academic achievement for all, with the vast majority of our students gaining places on their chosen post-16 and university courses.
If you want to work in a highly ambitious and successful school, and have the passion and commitment to join us at an exciting time for learning and development as we expand and open new schools in the Trust, then we would like to hear from you.
We are currently seeking a motivated individual to work within SEND Department. We recognise that our non-teaching staff are critical to the success of the Trust.
This position is permanent, term time only
Salary: Scale 3, £18,795 - £19,171
Actual Salary: £15,932 pro rata for a mid year start.
Hours: 37 per week
- Work as part of a team to maintain high standards of written documentation including regular daily tasks such as ensuring SEND files are managed effectively and to a high standard
- Collate all new SEND entrant information at the start of Year 7 and other new SEND starters throughout the year ensuring that information is up to date and accurate
- Oversee the SENDCO’s diary to ensure effective use of time
- Coordinate and book in student reviews
- Manage the resources across the SEND department within the constraints of the departmental budget
- Liaise with Wheelchair Services regarding wheelchair maintenance
- Distribute documents from outside agencies as directed by the SENDCO where appropriate
- Help to implement the timetable of support for students with SEND
Knowledge & Experience
- Experience of working in an administrative support role
- Experience of providing diary planning for a number of staff
- Sound knowledge and experience of PC based applications
- Experience of working with confidential and sensitive information
- Minimum Maths & English GCSE (A*-C) or equivalent
In return for your commitment, we also offer:
- Competitive salary
- Pension scheme with employer contributions
- Excellent employee benefits
- Flexible working
Please base your evidence on the knowledge and experience on the attached Job Description
Any candidate who has a disability as defined by the Equality Act 2010, is required to inform us, in order to ensure that ‘reasonable adjustments’ can be made.
To apply, complete the application form below by clicking on the 'Quick Apply' button below (CVs are not accepted).
Deadline for applications: 9am Monday 24th February 2020
The Laurus Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff to share this commitment.