SENDCO with 0.5 teaching commitment
Contract type -Permanent | Full time (32.5 hours)
Salary range - MPS + TLR2b
Location - Co-op Academy Smithies Moor
Closing date - May 24, 2021 @ 9am.
We are looking to appoint an experienced, enthusiastic and dedicated SENDCO to join our team, starting in September 2021. This role will include some teaching commitment.
The successful candidate will need to be:
• In receipt of (or working towards) the National Award Special Educational Needs Coordination qualification.
• An excellent practitioner who delivers highly effective SEND leadership to inspire and motivate others.
• Passionate about providing the best possible provision for children with additional needs.
• Able to form positive relationships with the whole school community and work collaboratively with colleagues both internally and externally.
• Committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people.
• Able to set high expectations for all children, both academically and in their behaviour.
Determine the strategic development of special educational needs (SEN) policy and provision in the school, ensuring effective implementation of the SEN Code of Practice
• Be responsible for day-to-day operation of the SEN policy and coordination of specific provision to support individual pupils with SEN or a disability
• Provide professional guidance to colleagues, working closely with staff, parents and other agencies
INTERESTED? For further information please refer to the Job Description and Person Specification.
Visits to our Academy are strongly welcomed. Please contact our office on 01924 326708 to arrange a date and time to visit. Please find further information about us on our website:
Please find further information about us on our website:
To find out further information about the Co-op Academies Trust visit:
To find out further information about this role visit:
The Co-op Academies Trust operates blind shortlisting as part of its recruitment process to ensure a fair and rigorous process. To Apply please complete Application Form PART A and Application Form PART B and email them for the attention of Catherine Brackenbury - Acting Head Teacher.
Co-op Academies Trust aims to provide an outstanding education for all our learners, founded on co-operative values, at the heart of the community. It is responsible for twenty six academies in West Yorkshire, Wirral, Manchester and Stoke-on-Trent with the Co-op acting as the sponsor
You’ll join a talented staff team and a successful partnership of schools which is committed to raising the educational ambitions of the communities it serves. As part of the Trust we can offer successful candidates a huge variety of opportunities for development and progression across all phases.
What we offer:
Excellent opportunities for personal and career development within the Co-op Academies Trust
Employee benefits such as retail discounts, reduced gym membership, cycle to work scheme and much more
Free access to a confidential 24/7 Employee Assistance Programme
Effective, supportive and dynamic leadership across Co-op Academies Trust
Enthusiastic students who are keen to make good progress
Welcoming, friendly, supportive, effective and efficient professional/Continuing professional development
Co-op Academy Smithies Moor is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Appointments are made subject to an enhanced check with the Disclosure and Barring Service and a medical declaration.
Co-op Academies Trust, as an aware employer, is committed to safeguarding and protecting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults as its number one priority. This commitment to robust recruitment, selection and induction procedures extends to organisations and services linked to the Trust on its behalf.
We value variety and individual differences, and aim to create a culture, environment and practices at all levels which encompass acceptance, respect and inclusion. All our colleagues are expected to demonstrate a commitment to co-operative values and principles, and the Ways of Being Co-op.
Closing date: Monday 24th May @ 9am.
Shortlisting: Monday 24th May
Interviews: Wednesday 26th May
Co-op Academy Smithies Moor
- Mainstream school with state - academy funding
- Primary School
- Students of mixed gender, age 3 - 11 years