Required for September 2019
A fantastic opportunity for a SENDCO to join us and be part of our new school which successfully opened in September 2018. This is a rare chance to join a school at an early stage of its journey and play a pivotal role in its success and development. Our teaching staff provide outstanding educational opportunities for all of our pupils, we are looking for a fantastic practitioner who is a creative and imaginative teacher with the ability to plan highly effective learning opportunities that meet the needs of all children at our school. Poplar Farm School will grow each year, the present EYFS classes will move to Year One in September 2019 and we are looking for outstanding SENDCO to help grow the school, who will also teach in either EYFS or Year One. Candidates are encouraged to specify in their application if they have a preference for a year group which will then be discussed during the interview stage.
We are seeking to appoint an outstanding teacher to lead SEND and inclusion. Candidates must have experience of SEND and Safeguarding and be passionate about removing barriers to learning. They must have an unfaltering belief in the ability of all children to achieve through great teaching and a culture of high expectations; excellent classroom management skills.
We are looking for someone who:
• Is able to develop the strategic development of special educational needs (SEN) policy and provision in the school
• is responsible for day-to-day operation of the SEN policy and co-ordination of specific provision to support individual pupils with SEN or a disability
• is able to provide professional guidance to colleagues, work closely with staff, parents and other agencies
• Has experience of SEND and Safeguarding
• Has experience of leadership, or who is ready to move into leadership
• Has evidence of outstanding practice as a classroom teacher
• Has the highest expectations of pupils and themselves
• Is enthusiastic, imaginative and forward thinking
• Has the ability to inspire, motivate and engage children to achieve and succeed
• Is able to form positive relationships with children, staff, parents and governors
• Possesses excellent interpersonal and organisational skills
In return, we will offer you:
• The opportunity to help shape our future
• A school community committed to raising achievement and attainment
• A stunning environment with modern building, excellent resources and facilities
• A strong commitment to support professional development opportunities
• A supportive Governing Body and Leadership Team
Further information and an application pack are available via our websites – www.poplarfarm.eschools.co.uk
Visits to the school week commencing: 11 March 2019
Appointments to visit the school can be booked by contacting email@example.com
Closing date for applications: 12 noon on Tuesday, 19 March 2019
Please return completed application forms to Louise Dell via email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or by post to the CIT HR Dept, Poplar Farm Primary School, Helmsley Road, Grantham, Lincolnshire, NG31 8XF.
Interviews taking place: Tuesday, 26 March 2019
We are fully committed to the safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. Our policy on safeguarding reflects the practice promoted by Lincolnshire Children’s Safeguarding Board and is reviewed annually. Any appointment made will be subject to references and an enhanced DBS.