Vision for Education, the supply arm of the TES are actively recruiting for Learning Support Assistants to work with and support students who have Autism (ASC), Down Syndrome, Severe Learning Difficulties (SLD) and Profound and Multiple Learning Difficulties (PMLD). This role is to be based at 1 of 2 sites within one school partnership based in Gateshead. Both schools cater for Secondary aged SEND students but vary in terms of student learning needs.
This is a temporary but full time (Mon-Fri) vacancy but as with all our roles within SEND there is always a chance of the position becoming longer term if found to be successful.
This also is a fantastic opportunity for a newly qualified Teacher (NQT) looking to gain further experience in SEND or for an experienced Teaching Assistant looking to gain a secure role with real job satisfaction and prospects of going on to a permanent contract.
- Have experience of working with young people who have complex needs.
- Hold current moving and handling training certificate (Preferred but not essential).
- Be available to work in the Gateshead area.
- Be eligible to work in the UK and meet all national safeguarding criteria.
- Hold a current DBS certificate and it be registered on the online update service. If your DBS is not registered online or you do not hold a DBS Vision will assist in your application.
In return, as an agency we offer:
- Excellent and transparent rates starting from £60 per day.
- Consistent seminars and training courses such as Team Teach, Moving & Handling Autism Awareness (paid for by Vision) to continue your individual professional development.
- Dedicated team that work with our supply staff to place them in schools and locations that suit them.
- Wages paid directly into bank account every week via PAYE.
- We are an agency that won't charge your school a fee should they wish to offer you a permanent contract; we won't stand in the way of your career.
For further information, please call Dan Rutledge (Assistant Branch Manager) on 01912291386 or email CV and details to email@example.com.