SEND Learning Support Assistant
£60.00 - £69.00 per day
Salary is dependent on experience, training or qualifications.
Vision for Education is seeking a hardworking and enthusiastic SEND Learning Support Assistant to work in a school in the Durham Local Authority. The role is to commence as start as soon as possible and for the right candidate, an opportunity to go permanent.
Working as part of an energetic and creative team, the successful Learning Support Assistant will focus on delivering support to a small class of students who have who have ASD (Autism), MLD (Moderate Learning Difficulties), SLD (Severe Learning Difficulties), PMLD (Profound and Multiple Learning Difficulties) or complex learning difficulties. This role will be Monday – Friday working 08:30am – 16:30pm.
To be considered for the SEND Learning Support position, you will:
- Have experience working as a Learning Support Assistant.
- Have experience supporting young people with a range of learning difficulties and complex needs.
- Be available Monday-Friday.
- Have a genuine desire to support young people in their education.
Vision for Education is committed to safeguarding children and young people. We take our responsibilities extremely seriously. All staff we register will undertake thorough interviewing and referencing checks and hold, or be prepared to undergo, an Enhanced DBS check that must be registered on the Update Service.
About Vision for Education
Vision for Education is a market-leading education recruitment and supply agency committed to the learning and development of young people. We are an employer of choice for high-quality primary, secondary and SEND teaching and support staff. We have branches across the country, and we are part of the world-renowned education company Tes Global.
What Vision for Education offer
As a valued employee of Vision for Education, you will receive:
- Excellent daily rates paid weekly by our in-house payroll team using the Pay As You Earn (PAYE) system.
- Guaranteed pay scheme (subject to availability and qualifying criteria).
- Pension contributions (subject to a qualifying period).
- Full compliance with AWR (Agency Workers’ Regulations), to make sure you get the pay and working conditions you are entitled to.
- FREE training to help with your professional development such as Team Teach, Autism Awareness and an online Educare training package worth £390.
- Regular social events with 100% complimentary food and drinks.
- Access to a dedicated consultant, who will provide ongoing support.
How to apply
If you are an individual who can enthuse, motivate and engage students and would like the challenge of working in a demanding and rewarding environment, then we want to hear from you.
Apply today via this website, or for more information about this role and other opportunities across Vision for Education, please contact our Newcastle SEND team on 0191 229 1386.