SEND Specialist Tutor
Cheney School is a popular, high-performing school located in the heart of Oxford serving a diverse community of students who are eager to learn and be challenged. You can read about our recent Ofsted inspection here: Ofsted Visit
We are committed to continuous professional development and have wide-ranging training and development opportunities. We are also mindful of the competing demands people face in their lives and are happy to consider part-time applications. If you are not familiar with Oxfordshire, we would recommend that you take a look at: Living in Oxfordshire – Information for Teachers
We are looking for a skilled and enthusiastic SEND Specialist Tutor to join a thriving and well-resourced Learning Support Department. This role may involve planning, preparing and delivering learning activities to targeted individuals/small groups or short term for whole classes. There will also be the monitoring of pupils and assessing, recording and reporting on students’ achievement. There may be some responsibility for the management of other teaching assistants.
This is a valuable opportunity for an individual who:
· Has experience of working with and supporting young people with a high level of physical, emotional and learning needs
· Has an ability to work flexibly and independently
· Has a desire to promote high expectations and aspirations for young people
· Enjoys teaching and helping young people to overcome barriers to learning in order to raise attainment and achievement
We can offer you:
· Salary – Grade 8: £23,866 – £26,470 per annum (actual salary payable will be: £20,614.94 – £22,864.22 pro rata)
· 37 hours a week, term time plus 5 additional days
The position comes with membership of a comprehensive Healthcare Benefits Plan.
If you would like to find out more, please contact Dr Richard Coombs on email@example.com
How to Apply:
Please download an application pack from below.
In addition to your application form, please email a letter of application, detailing reasons for your interest in this post and your relevant skills and experience to firstname.lastname@example.org
Oxfordshire Schools are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Closing date: Friday, 14 December at 8.00am
Interview date: Tuesday, 18 December