Al Rabeeh Academy is seeking an enthusiastic, adaptable and committed SEN teacher for mid-August 2019.
The Al Rabeeh name has been synonymous throughout the city for high quality education and pastoral care since 1979. Al Rabeeh School is the founding establishment of an expanding group of schools and academies, which are aiming to be the best providers of education in the Emirate. We recruit the very best teachers who can deliver our curricula in a creative, collaborative, and highly engaging manner. Al Rabeeh was recently rated a Band ‘A’ School in an ADEK full school inspection. The school is a member of British Schools in the Middle East (BSME) and is committed to professional development and the CPD programmes BSME offers.
Our special needs teacher will have a crucial role within Al Rabeeh as we support our students to fully prepare them for their next steps in education. The successful applicant will need to be sympathetic to the ethos and values of Al Rabeeh a school with a high population of Emirati/Arab students and be able to adapt their teaching to meet the needs of our students to accelerate rates of progress to reach expected attainment levels.
The successful applicant will have at least 2 years teaching experience in an English National Curriculum School and needs to have a degree, or a masters degree, in Special Education or a related field. The role will support the Assistant Head in charge of SEN ensuring all groups of students receive the best education possible.
Applicants must be able to demonstrate:
- Effective communicator, confident in establishing open communication with students, staff and parents.
- Strong emphasis and desire to be outstanding in learning, teaching and leading education and believe that children have the potential to reach the highest of expectations when in the right environment
- Excellent knowledge of the English National Curriculum at EYFS, Key Stage 1 and Key Stage 2 level and current assessment practices
- Experience of using data systems for school improvement, student tracking, intervention, Target Setting, Assessment, Recording & Reporting
- Experience of current UK initiatives and developments
- Capacity to support creative learning and to focus on developing 21st Century learning environments and innovation skills
- Confidence in using IT to motivate and extend student’s learning experiences
- Strong focus on pastoral care and be prepared to go the extra mile to get the best out of ‘our’ students
- Experience of using data from standardised tests and external examinations to track student progress
- Experience of teaching across EYFS, Key Stage 1 and Key Stage 2
- Strong emphasis and desire to be outstanding in teaching and learning
- Commitment to whole school initiatives and the school improvement cycle
- Ability to meet deadlines and prioritise
- Competitive salary (tax free)
- An initial two-year contract (renewable by mutual consent)
- Furnished accommodation (including utilities)
- Annual return air ticket/allowance
- Baggage allowance
- Medical insurance cover
- End of service gratuity
- Visa arranged by the school
To apply please click the 'apply now' button.
Closing date for applications: 28th July 2019, but Skype and telephone interviews may take place ahead of this date so an early application is advantageous. While we thank all applicants, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.