£105-£140 per day
Salary is dependent on experience, training or qualifications. The minimum qualification required for this position is QTS (Qualified Teacher Status).
Vision for Education is seeking to appoint a SEND Teacher to work in an alternative provision in the Durham Local Authority. This is a long-term position that is due to commence as soon as possible.
This role will start out on a supply basis, with the potential to lead to a permanent role for the right individual. This is a full-time position working Monday-Friday 08:30am – 16:30pm, teaching students in Key Stage 3 and 4 who have severe difficulties in managing their emotions and behaviour.
To be considered for the SEND Teacher position, you will:
- Have Qualified Teacher Status (QTS).
- Be available to work 5 days a week.
- Ideally have an understanding of young people with SEMH and experience of working with them.
- A calm and nurturing personality.
Vision for Education is committed to safeguarding children and young people. We take our responsibilities extremely seriously. All staff we register will undertake thorough interviewing and referencing checks and hold, or be prepared to undergo, an Enhanced DBS check that must be registered on the Update Service.
About Vision for Education
Vision for Education is a market-leading education recruitment and supply agency committed to the learning and development of young people. We are an employer of choice for high-quality primary, secondary and SEND teaching and support staff. We have branches across the country, and we are part of the world-renowned education company Tes Global.
What Vision for Education offers
As a valued employee of Vision for Education, you will receive:
- Excellent daily rates paid weekly by our in-house payroll team using the Pay As You Earn (PAYE) system.
- Guaranteed pay scheme (subject to availability and qualifying criteria).
- Pension contributions (subject to a qualifying period).
- Full compliance with AWR (Agency Workers’ Regulations), to make sure you get the pay and working conditions you are entitled to.
- FREE training to help with your professional development such as Team Teach, Autism Awareness and an online Educare training package worth £390.
- Regular social events with 100% complimentary food and drinks.
- £50 refer a friend or colleague bonus scheme.
- Access to a dedicated consultant, who will provide ongoing support.
How to apply
If you are an individual who can enthuse, motivate and engage students and would like the challenge of working in a demanding and rewarding environment, then we want to hear from you.
Apply today via this website, or for more information about this role and other opportunities across Vision for Education, please contact our Newcastle SEND team on 01912291386.