ABC Teachers have an exciting opportunity for a Teaching Assistant to work within a SEND provision in Coventry on a one-year contract to commence immediately (pending safeguarding checks). The school are looking to take on a new member of the team to work in one of the following classes:
The school caters for children aged 11-19 who have a variety of special educational needs. They are happy to accommodate the successful candidate in a class that best suits their skill set as well as offering the support for someone who is passionate about moving from a mainstream to SEND setting.
Due to the amazing on-site facilities there is the opportunity to not only support the children in classroom-based settings but also to help them take part in activities at the swimming pool, farm and woodland.
This role is an amazing opportunity to join a friendly team of staff whose priority is to ensure the best out of the children in their care. You will have the full support and guidance of the excellent SLT during your time at the school and there are also opportunities for a permanent role for the right candidate.
What the school are looking for:
- Experience supporting children with SEND in a educational/care setting or experience working in mainstream school setting and looking to make the move into SEND.
- To get the most out of the pupils in your care, it is essential that you are passionate and engaging in the classroom.
- It’s essential that you are also happy to engage in the outdoor learning as this nurturing environment is essential for pupil’s progression to independence.
- It would be desirable to have experience with SPLD tools, such as PECS/Makaton but this is not essential for the role
- To clear for work, we require that you reference the last two years of employment in full.
- You will need to hold an Enhanced Child and Adult DBS on the Update Service (or be willing to complete one)
What we can offer:
ABC Teachers part of TES are a company that puts the needs of our candidates at the forefront of what we do
• Market leading rates of pay, paid by our in-house payroll team.
• Pension contributions (subject to qualifying period).
• Full compliance with AWR (Agency Workers’ Regulations), to make sure you get the pay and working conditions you are entitled to.
• FREE CPD to help with your professional development such as Team Teach, Autism Awareness and an online Educare training package worth £350.
• Access to a dedicated SEND consultant, who will provide ongoing support.
If you'd like to find out more about the role or other exciting opportunities we have available, then please call Jacob on 01543 228 029 or email at email@example.com.
If you haven’t yet found what you are looking for, keep up to date with us on social media.
ABC Teachers are an REC Gold Standard Awarded Education Agency, part of TES. Candidates pay rates are competitive and in line with the AWR policy which means that after a qualifying period, supply teachers can be paid to the comparable scale offered by the school.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect all staff to share this commitment. All staff will hold an enhanced DBS disclosure (or be prepared to allow us to process one for you), need to provide professional or academic references and attend a face to face interview. A prohibition from teaching check will be completed for all applicants. Telephone calls to and/or from ABC Teachers may be recorded for training, safeguarding and compliance purposes.
Salary is dependent on experience, training or qualifications. The minimum experience, training or qualifications required for this position are: Experience supporting children with SEND in educational/care setting or experience working in a mainstream school.