Are you looking for a rewarding role in supporting children and young people with Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND)? Maybe you’re looking for flexible work or a long-term role to gain some invaluable experience within the education field? If so, then we want to hear from you today!
Vision for Education, the supply arm of TES, are looking to recruit Teaching Assistants in Huntingdon to work in a Special Educational Needs School (SEND) School or Provision from September 2018.
As a Teaching Assistant specialising within SEND, you will be supporting children and young people up until the age of eighteen years old with additional needs. This will include assisting the learning of children with Profound and Multiple Learning Disabilities (PMLD), Severe Learning Disabilities/Difficulties (SLD), Autism (ASD) and Social, Emotional and Behaviour (SEBD) Difficulties.
Your roles and responsibilities may include any of the following:
· Promoting a safe and positive learning environment.
· Working exclusively on a 1:1 basis with children, as well as in small intervention groups.
· Developing excellent and positive relationships with students and staff.
· Changing your approach if required.
· Being flexible, adaptable and able to hit the ground running in a sometimes quite challenging and busy environment.
· Adapting activities to the individual needs of the pupils you’re supporting.
· Assisting children to relevant therapy sessions if required.
· Following school policies, including their behaviour policy.
· Working in a team to achieve positive learning outcomes.
Whilst we are looking for people who have had experience of being a Teaching Assistant (Level 2 or Level 3 Qualified) and/or Support Worker, this is not essential. This is because we are looking for Support Staff who are able to really engage effectively with students, provide a crucial level of support in the classroom and have a calming and nurturing approach when supporting children with complex needs and learning difficulties.
In return for your hard work, we as an agency will provide:
· Excellent and transparent rates of pay.
· Consistent training courses such as Team Teach, Moving & Handling Autism Awareness and access to over 20+ eLearning Courses through Educare (paid for by Vision) to continue your Continued Professional Development.
· Recommend a Friend Scheme.
· Dedicated team that work with our supply staff to place them in schools and locations that suit them.
· Wages paid directly into bank account every week via PAYE (not through an umbrella company).
· We are an agency that won't charge your school a fee should they wish to offer you a permanent contract; we won't stand in the way of your career.
This role will be ideal for anybody looking for a new change in career in a very rewarding field! If you believe you are the person that fits all of the above and are available from September 2018, please apply for this position today. If you have any questions, please call us on 01733 371371 or email Lauren.Bates@visionforeducation.co.uk