SEND Teaching Assistant
Salary is dependent on experience, training or qualifications.
Do you have experience with working one to one with young adults who have physical or learning disabilities? The school are seeking to appoint a SEND Teaching Assistant to support students with a range of needs.
The ideal candidate will have experience working within a school or other educational setting who have supported children with SEND and challenging behaviour. Team teach or other behavioural support trained TA’s desired but not essential.
As a SEND Teaching Assistant (TA) you must be willing to:
• Support the values and aims of the school
• Encourage children’s learning and ensure progression
• Be able to build rapport with the children and adults alike
• Work as part of team, but show initiative when required
• Strong behaviour management skills
• The right to work in the UK
Vision for Education is committed to safeguarding children and young people. We take our responsibilities extremely seriously. All staff we register will undertake thorough interviewing and referencing checks and hold, or be prepared to undergo, an Enhanced DBS check that must be registered on the Update Service.
About Vision for Education
Vision for Education is a market-leading education recruitment and supply agency committed to the learning and development of young people. We are an employer of choice for high-quality primary, secondary and SEND teaching and support staff. We have branches across the country, and we are part of the world-renowned education company Tes Global.
What Vision for Education offer
As a valued employee of Vision for Education, you will receive:
• Excellent daily rates paid weekly by our in-house payroll team using the Pay As You Earn (PAYE) system.
• Guaranteed pay scheme (subject to availability and qualifying criteria).
• Pension contributions (subject to a qualifying period).
• Full compliance with AWR (Agency Workers’ Regulations), to make sure you get the pay and working conditions you are entitled to.
• FREE training to help with your professional development such as Team Teach, Autism Awareness and an online Educare training package worth £380.
• Regular social events with 100% complimentary food and drinks.
• Generous refer a friend or colleague bonus scheme - £250.
• Access to a dedicated consultant, who will provide ongoing support.
How to apply
If you are a passionate SEND teaching assistant who can enthuse, motivate and engage students and would like the challenge of working in a demanding and rewarding environment, then we want to hear from you.
Apply today via this website, or for more information about this role and other opportunities across Vision for Education, please contact our team on 0151 363 2266.