SEND Teaching Assistant
£65 - £85 per day
Salary is dependent on experience, training or qualifications. The minimum experience, training or qualifications required for this position are Level 3 Teaching and Learning Certificate
Please ensure you specify the from and to dates if you know them
Vision for Education are recruiting on behalf of a school in Weston-Super-Mare who are seeking to appoint a SEND Teaching Assistant on a full-time basis, starting from January 2022.
The successful SEND Teaching Assistant will be tasked with working with small classes of between 1 and 3, made up of students aged between 5 and 11 years old. Working under the direction of the class teacher, the ideal SEND Teaching Assistant will be energetic, flexible, positive and patient, with an ability to build strong working relationships with young people.
Duties will include:
• Supporting the class teacher to deliver work in accordance with the National Curriculum
• Assisting the class teacher with behaviour management
• Supporting pupils on a one-to-one basis
• Contributing to record keeping, liaising with parents and multidisciplinary teams and attending school trips/outings
The school pride themselves on creating a secure and inclusive environment for the children they support, putting their needs at the centre of everything they do. The school benefits from a supportive senior leadership team and wider school community.
To be considered for the SEND Teaching Assistant position, you will:
• Have experience working in a similar setting with young people that have learning difficulties. For example, this could be at a similar school, residential care home or supported living
• Be proactive and empathetic in your approach, always aiming to achieve the best possible outcomes for the students you work with
• Be an excellent communicator, able to work well as part of a wider team
Vision for Education is committed to safeguarding children, young people and vulnerable adults. We take our responsibilities extremely seriously. All staff we register will undertake thorough interviewing and referencing checks and hold, or be prepared to undergo, an Enhanced DBS check that must be registered on the Update Service.
About Vision for Education
Vision for Education is a market-leading education recruitment and supply agency committed to the learning and development of young people. With branches across the country, we are an employer of choice for high-quality primary, secondary and SEND teaching and support staff.
Vision for Education do not discriminate on the grounds of age, gender, race, colour, religion, disability or sexual orientation, and we welcome applications from all sections of the community.
Vision for Education offer
As a valued employee of Vision for Education you will receive:
• Excellent daily rates paid weekly by our in-house Payroll team using the Pay As You Earn (PAYE) system.
• Guaranteed pay scheme (subject to availability and qualifying criteria).
• Pension contributions (subject to a qualifying period).
• Full compliance with AWR (Agency Workers’ Regulations), to make sure you get the pay and working conditions you are entitled to.
• FREE training to help with your professional development such as Team Teach training, online webinars and safeguarding and child protection updates.
• Generous refer a friend or colleague bonus scheme.
• Access to a dedicated consultant, who will provide ongoing support.
How to apply
If you are a SEND Teaching Assistant who can enthuse, motivate and engage students and would like the challenge of working in a demanding and rewarding environment, then we want to hear from you.
Apply today via this website, or for more information about this role and other opportunities across Vision for Education, please contact Jason on 0117 248 2600 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Due to the coronavirus pandemic and to ensure we are fully compliant with Government guidance relating to social distancing, interviews with shortlisted candidates will take place by video call.