Due to the retirement of our current Head of ARP and SENDCo we are looking to recruit an outstanding practitioner to continue the development of our provision for Special Educational Needs at Juniper Hill School. This position is full time on a permanent contract.
Juniper Hill is an inclusive school with a fundamental belief that all of our children can succeed and thrive in a warm and nurturing environment where everyone is expected to do their best. Pupils come to us with a wide range of abilities and within that mix are some children who enter our additional resource provision with recognised disabilities.
The role that we are recruiting for will be non-class based, and will be responsible for ensuring that children with SEND are receiving the support and resources that allow them to make excellent progress from their starting points. You will be working with and managing a team of experienced support assistants who are dedicated to achieving great outcomes from the pupils. Part of your timetable will be direct support for pupils through teaching in small groups and on a 1-1 basis.
We are looking for someone who is:
- Experienced - You will have a good understanding of SEND and be able to work effectively with class teachers, support staff, school leaders and governors to ensure good outcomes for pupils.
- Considerate - You will be leading a team and it is important to understand and support them so that they can give their best to the children that they work with. You will also be regularly meeting parents and supporting them with compassion and empathy so that they can best understand how the school is working to best effect with their child.
- Organised - You will be responsible for managing both internal SEND support and statutory requests such as annual reviews. These need to be completed efficiently and in a timely manner.
- Excellent - You will have a demonstrable track record of high quality teaching in a mainstream environment as well as experience of working with pupils with SEND in some capacity.
- Qualified - You will hold QTS and ideally the SENDCo award.
- Flexible - No two days in school are the same and children are all individuals. The ability to change to meet new challenges is vital!
- Happy - You will need to form positive relations with stakeholders across the school community, a calm and sensitive demeanour and a sense of humour are invaluable!
We warmly welcome visits to the school. Please contact the PA to Senior Leadership Team, Mrs C Preston, on 01628 523536 or email email@example.com to arrange a time. If you are interested in our vacancy please complete and return the attached application form.
Please note that Juniper Hill School takes safeguarding seriously. All applicants will have references followed up and a successful applicant will be subject to a full DBS check.
Closing date: 9am Friday 20 April 2018.
Interviews: Monday 30 April 2018.
JUNIPER HILL SCHOOL
Churchill Close, Flackwell Heath,
High Wycombe, Bucks HP10 9LA