Role: SENDCo and Inclusion Manger
Start Date: asap
Contract: Permanent, full-time
Salary range: Negotiable depending on experience
Location: Hammersmith, London W6
The West London Free School Primary, Earl’s Court Free School Primary and Kensington Primary Academy are growing schools in a highly successful academy trust and seek an experienced and knowledgeable SENDCo, who has the highest of aspirations for all pupils in their care.
Our schools admit children from a variety of backgrounds and give them the knowledge, skills and confidence to flourish in an academic secondary school and beyond. Our core belief is that every child is entitled to a classical liberal education, regardless of background or ability and we follow the Core Knowledge Curriculum, pioneered in the United States by ED Hirsch.
We require an experienced and highly motivated school leader. You will join the Knowledge Schools Trust as part of the growing leadership team and will work alongside the Executive Headteacher and senior leaders. The post would suit someone who is keen to develop confident and enthusiastic children, as well as removing any barriers to their learning.
This exciting role will involve work across all our primary schools and will involve some interventions and/or class teaching commitment.
· Hold QTS and have the right to work in the UK
· Ideally be qualified with the National Award for SEND Co-ordinator, or be willing to undertake this
· DSL qualification preferable
· Have experience of working in the EYFS and KS1
· Be committed to teaching an academically rigorous, knowledge-based curriculum
· Be able to work in a creative way, demonstrating a record of consistently delivering good/outstanding lessons
· Be an outstanding practitioner who inspires your pupils and colleagues and has an impressive record of impact as a leader
· Believe that every child can and will succeed
· Be responsible for extra-curricular activities, after school care and parental engagement
· Be passionate about shaping all areas of the school, including SMSC, attendance and behaviour
· Have the highest ambitions for your pupils, the school and yourself
We will offer you:
· A happy and supportive working environment with the highest expectations and standards of learning and teaching
· An opportunity to pioneer an exciting new curriculum
· Access to a network of outstanding practitioners to collaborate with and learn from
· Strong support in CPD and staff wellbeing
Potential candidates are encouraged to visit the school, so please contact the Office Manager, Ms Angela Evangelos, at firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange a convenient time.
For further information on the primary schools within the Knowledge Schools Trust, please visit our websites:
Closing date: 26th April 2018
Interviews: 1st May 018
The Knowledge Schools Trust is committed to equality of opportunity and to safeguarding children; successful candidates will be subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Services check and other employment checks.