We are looking to appoint a highly motivated, dedicated and experienced SENDCo to take on this newly developed role in our school, from September 2019.
Due to the retirement of our current Assistant Headteacher/SENDCo a new Senior Leadership structure is to be implemented, with the position forming part of this team.
We are looking for an exceptional applicant who:
• is an experienced and successful primary school teacher;
• has successfully completed the National Award in SEN Co-ordination;
• has experience as a SENDCo, working with pupils with a wide range of SEND, including behavioural needs;
• has experience of leading a team;
• has effective behaviour management skills and the ability to coach others to develop their skills in this area;
• promotes inclusive teaching and learning strategies, to ensure that all pupils achieve their individual potential; and
• will promote our values of ‘kindness, learning, tolerance’ as part of our Christian ethos.
Kirkby la Thorpe is a small, rural, Church of England Primary Academy, where our team of caring staff work closely to provide our pupils with a wide range of learning opportunities, of a high standard. We will offer the successful candidate:
• enthusiast and enquiring pupils;
• dedicated SENDCo time (0.2), in addition to PPA, to fulfil the outlined duties in the job description;
• the opportunity to work in a school at the heart of a rural community;
• a welcoming, caring and supportive environment; and
• a very supportive Governing Body.
Visits to our school are encouraged and warmly welcomed. The closing date for the position is 12 noon on Monday 18th March, with interviews taking place on Thursday 28th March.
Please contact Katie Gravil, Headteacher (firstname.lastname@example.org or 01529 302595) for further information, to request an application pack, or to arrange a visit.
Our school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people and expects all staff to share in this commitment. Any offer of employment will be subject to an Enhanced DBS check and employment references. All shortlisted candidates will need to verify their eligibility to work in the UK at interview.