We are seeking to appoint an inspirational SENDCO to further develop and lead on inclusion across the school.
Queensbridge School is an 11 - 16 comprehensive, friendly and oversubscribed all-ability Foundation School. Ofsted has graded the school as ‘outstanding’ in all categories and identified ‘…..”Its highly imaginative and innovative curriculum” where “students make outstanding and rapid progress”. The schools provision for pupils with learning difficulties and disabilities is an area that we are proud of and wish to develop further.
The successful candidate will:
- Lead, develop and maintain high quality SEND provision
- Play a leading and strategic role in closing the gap for disadvantaged pupils
- Have experience in SEND procedures and the successful inclusion of pupils with SEN in mainstream classrooms
- Be committed to inclusion and meeting the needs of all pupils and have the vision and a desire to make a difference for our pupils
- Be skilful in working with, monitoring and championing pupils with a range of different abilities and needs
- Have strong classroom management skills and a commitment to the best possible outcome for all students
- Hold the National Award for SEN Co-ordination or be willing to undertake this training immediately
- Have thorough knowledge of the new SEND Code of Practice
- Have experience of improving teaching and learning at whole school level through effective intervention with teachers in order to improve the progress of our SEND pupils
We are committed to excellence in teaching and learning and to support this we have a high quality bespoke programme for teachers at all stages of their professional career.
Informal visits to our school welcome.
Closing Date: Monday 22 January 2018, 9am
Should you require an application pack then please visit our web site www.queensbridge.bham.sch.uk
This school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect all staff and to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be subject to all necessary pre-employment checks, including: an enhanced DBS; Prohibition check; Childcare Disqualification (where applicable); qualifications (where applicable); medical fitness; identity and right to work. All applicants will be required to provide two suitable references.