Welland Park Academy is an over-subscribed, vibrant and ambitious Community Academy in Market Harborough, South Leicestershire (listed in the Sunday Times Top 10 Best Places To Live in the Midlands 2018) and we are passionate about the aspirations and achievements of both our students and staff.
We have undergone a change in our age range (2016) and are now accepting students aged 11-16 (previously 11-14), similarly to many schools in this area. This has been an exciting time for the Academy and has afforded a period of growth and expansion to both our premises and staffing levels.
The Governors are seeking to appoint an energetic, innovative and committed teacher to lead the provision for our SEND students. This is an exciting opportunity for a colleague who has the drive to have a significant impact at this very successful school and who wants to develop their career.
The successful candidate will:
• Be a qualified teacher who preferably holds the National SENDCo Award.
• Have excellent subject knowledge for Key Stages 3 and 4.
• Have a track record of achieving outstanding student attainment and progress.
• Have a demonstrable passion for their subject and convey this in a classroom setting.
• Lead and manage SEND in accordance with the published policies (local and national).
• Have the ability to inspire and motivate colleagues and students to promote co-operation, collaboration and teamwork.
• Liaise with and develop relationships with external agencies and parents.
• Identify and support the needs of students with SEND through observation, screening and tracking of progress data.
Welland Park will provide the successful candidate with the opportunity to:
• Join a school with a clear vision to deliver world class standards of education to our community.
• Play an integral role in the evolution of this ambitious 11 – 16 school.
• Work with well-established, cohesive, committed and supportive departments and Senior Leadership Team.
• Join a group of innovative and ambitious teachers with a comprehensive CPD provision.
• Work in a department where the majority of teachers have their own room, PC, whiteboard and storage space.