Tes are seeking to appoint an enthusiastic and inspirational SENDCo on a full-time or part-time basis ASAP.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a warm and nurturing environment with excellent resources, a commitment to teamwork and the professional development of staff. The prep school has the capacity to educate 200 boys from ages 4 – 13 and is set in leafy Richmond on the edge of Old Deer Park.
The school ensure that every boy at has a happy and fulfilling experience. Above all, they encourage academic endeavour and that each boy strives, gives of his best, and achieves his goals. Equal importance is placed on his social, moral and cultural growth. At all times the boys are expected to uphold the ethos of the school in a positive manner and are proud ambassadors; not only on campus but when representing the school at outside events, activities and fixtures.
The school is looking for an enthusiastic and inspirational SENDCo teacher who will lead the strategic development of the school's Special Educational Needs (SEND) provision and oversight of the day-to-day operation of that policy with the aim of raising SEND pupil achievement.
The SENDCo teacher appointed will be experienced, computer literate and have the ability to understand school protocols and policies, and be willing to make a full contribution to school life. You will be an experienced SENDCo with the relevant qualification.
Some Key Responsibilities:
- To plan and organise the Learning Support programmes
- To work with the staff to ensure that the learning support programme is being effectively delivered
- To monitor teaching and learning activities to meet the needs of children with SEND
- To prepare a policy statement and curriculum development plan covering a three year period
- Devise a scheme of work that provides for curriculum content and ensures progression and continuity in learning
- Assess and identify the needs of individuals and produce IEPs for those children who require such provision
- To devise a triage system of care for SEND students
- To liaise closely with the Deputy Head to ensure consistent, effective and appropriate differentiation and support is offered by all staff, for all - SEND children
- To support staff to effectively cater for children for whom English is another language (EAL)
- Provide the necessary teaching of pupils within the school and to give regular feedback to parents
- Ensure that teaching of learning support is adequately resourced using the allocated funds effectively
- The opportunity to join a very successful team of committed and highly qualified teachers
- A supportive environment where the work-life balance of teachers is important
- Outstanding facilities and resources to support learning and teaching.
- A supportive and experienced Senior Leadership Team.
- An opportunity to develop through an extensive CPD offer, such as a Middle Leadership development programme that includes opportunities to access NPQML and NPQSL.
- Opportunity to grow as a teacher and access both Middle and Senior Leadership
- A bespoke induction and training programme with built-in support and mentoring
- A strong Staff Wellbeing Programme (bike to work scheme/additional healthcare support/staff events)
Don't miss out on this fantastic opportunity and 'Quick Apply' below! Please note that if you are successfully shortlisted for interview, you may be asked to complete the schools application form.
For more information please contact email@example.com REF KR 1390010
Tes Recruitment Services (UK) represent Schools and Academies across the Globe, supporting them to secure a great teacher / leader for every role.
Tes Schools Recruitment
Richmond upon Thames
Tes is the market leader in search and selection for schools across the globe. At Tes, we’re committed to supporting and helping teachers at every stage of their career find their next job opportunity; and helping governors recruit the very best lead...