Line Manager: Headteacher, Head Behaviour Analyst, ABA Supervisor and Governors
Supervisory Responsibilities: ABA Tutors as directed
Hours of work: Term Time Only 8.30 to 4.30pm with 30 minutes of break (some flexibility expected depending on critical school need)
Forest Bridge School is a new all-age Special Free School (4-16) for children with autism which opened in September 2015 in the Royal Borough of Windsor and Maidenhead. The aim of the school is to provide a suitable environment with a high level of therapeutic support and excellent teaching to allow pupils with autism to achieve their full potential and to make the most of their intelligence, focus and skills. Forest Bridge School will help each pupil that leaves the school to progress into training, employment or further education. You will be one of a dedicated team of staff who will establish a culture in which every pupil has the opportunity to thrive and flourish.
The aim is for Forest Bridge School to be an outstanding provision for children and young people with autism, which has a rooting in ABA and with each individual pupil’s potential at the heart.
We want all of the ‘teachers’ in a pupil’s life to work in close partnership, delivering outstanding teaching to enable each child to achieve their best possible outcomes. At Forest Bridge School this partnership will include: parents, teachers, behaviour therapists, speech and language therapists, occupational therapists and tutors.
We offer an exciting career opportunity for someone who wants to make a contribution to the development of our school on its journey to Outstanding. Support (financial and/or supervision hours) towards BCaBA and BCBA requirements is possible.
The successful applicant will:
- Have a can-do attitude, a desire and willingness to commit to further training and the high energy levels required when working with children with autism.
- Be a confident and skilled practitioner who has high expectations of self and others and is passionate about encouraging all pupils to achieve success.
- Be ambitious to support and extend the learning opportunities for all of our pupils.
- Have a commitment to working in partnership with Teachers, ABA professionals, Speech and Language Therapists and Occupational Therapists, other staff, parents and the community to reduce the barriers to learning that children and young people with autism face and promote excellent learning opportunities for all.
- Have experience of ABA and be committed to continual professional development
If successful you will work hard and be dedicated to the pupils of Forest Bridge School. You will have a unique opportunity to help shape the future of a brand new school! You will receive professional development to meet your individual needs and a very supportive Headteacher and Head Behaviour Analyst to mentor you throughout your career at Forest Bridge School.
The school is committed to safeguarding children and the successful applicant will be required to apply for an enhanced certificate from the Disclosure and Barring Service.
If you are considering applying for this role, it is highly recommended that you arrange a telephone conversation with our Headteacher, Elizabeth Farnden. This can be arranged by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org.