Edward Heneage Primary Academy is now recruiting for a Cleaner.
About the role
Undertakes a full range of cleaning duties using domestic and industrial cleaning equipment to ensure all areas of the educational setting are maintained to a specified quality standard.
Clean floor space in teaching, communal and office areas using appropriate techniques and equipment e.g. mops, sweeps, spray cleans, machine scrub, dry, buff and suction clean.
Clean all internal surface areas e.g. walls, windows, work surfaces and sanitary appliances using appropriate techniques, equipment and materials e.g. washing; dusting; damp wiping; polishing and cleaning.
11 hours per week, 52 weeks of the year. Permanent vacancy.
Salary & Benefits
NJC 08 (£16,626 FTE) £8.62ph
Access to Local Government Pension Scheme.
Who we are looking for
- Basic standard of education
- Ability to clean and maintain a full range of industrial and domestic cleaning equipment and materials
- Ability to use tact and demonstrate empathy with facility users, students and staff
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Understanding of health and safety issues associated with cleaning materials, equipment and premises
- Experience of working in a school environment
- Previous employment as a cleaner
Edward Heneage Primary Academy is committed to equality, safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS check is required for all successful applicants.