Senior Data Officer
WORKING PATTERN: 35 Hours per Week (7:00am – 2:30 pm) term time only plus 10 days
SALARY: Grade 6 Points 27-31 (£24,174-£27,668) pro rata £21,233 – £24,302 actual
Are you an experienced and capable data officer looking to develop your career further? Could you use your skills to ensure effective use of data to support our student’s academic and personal development? We are looking for an enthusiastic and motivated individual, who would love to be part of our journey at The Barlow and could be instrumental in making a difference to our school.
The Barlow RC High School is an excellent place to work! As a leading Catholic High School, we are determined to create an environment where children and adults alike can achieve their full potential. Our school motto is ‘If you believe, you can achieve’ and if this describes you read on.
You will be located in Didsbury, (often voted as one of the most popular places to live in Manchester) only a short walk from the vibrant shops, bars and restaurants of Didsbury village. You will also have access to excellent transport links to Manchester city centre and surrounding areas.
Working alongside the Data and Assessment Manager, you will be responsible for data management across the school including aspects of Assessment, Attendance and Behaviour. You will be responsible for aspects of our Management Information System including set lists, attendance and assessment data and the production of reports and will take end to end responsibility for the assessment and achievement cycle. In addition, you will be responsible for managing all day to day short term cover for staff absence, liaising with the Headteacher to manage the school diary, and liaising with internal staff and external agencies to ensure all lessons are covered.
• Have experience of maintaining data in a secure environment including inputting, extracting and analysing relevant data from a management information system
• Have excellent IT skills including the use of data management software such as SIMS and advanced Excel skills
• Have excellent analytical skills
• Possess excellent communication skills, with the ability to communicate at all levels
• Have excellent organizational skills with the ability to multi-task and work to tight deadlines
• Be able to demonstrate initiative, often resolving problems intuitively as well as developing the skills of others within your team
• Experience of working within a school or similar setting would be an advantage.
In return, we will offer you 25 days annual leave entitlement (rising to 30 days after 5 years’ service), access to the local government pension scheme and the opportunity to further your professional development in a supportive and friendly environment.
If this sounds like the job for you then come and join us. Please visit our website http://www.thebarlowrchigh.co.uk for an application pack. Completed applications should returned to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting the post title, reference and your name in the subject line of the email. Please note that CVs will not be accepted. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Closing date: 8 am Wednesday 28th June 2017
Interview date: w/c 3rd July 2017
Our School is committed to safeguarding and protecting the wellbeing of children and young people and expects all staff to share their commitment. An enhanced DBS is required for all successful applicants