Senior Deputy Headteacher: Required for 1st September 2018
Governors are keen to appoint a well qualified and suitably experienced individual to the post of Senior Deputy Headteacher. Wirral Grammar School is a selective 11-18 entry school on the Wirral Peninsular. The School is popular and oversubscribed.
The broad purposes of the role are:
- To support the Headteacher and Governing Body in providing professional leadership which secures the success and further improvement of the school.
- Ensuring high quality education for all pupils and continually seeking to improve standards of achievement.
- Promoting the welfare of pupils.
- Playing a lead role in formalising the aims and objectives of the school and keeping them under review.
- Leading a rigorous process of school self-evaluation linked to an improvement plan.
- Deputising for the Headteacher.
- Being a presence about the school, on the corridor and in lessons.
The Job Description and Candidate Information document provides further details in relation to specific duties across the following key areas: Strategic Direction, Curriculum, Quality Assurance and Day to Day/Operational.
You will need to be:
- An excellent classroom practitioner.
- A successful senior leader with a record of raising standards.
- Able to demonstrate a clear understanding of the principles and practice of quality assurance.
- Familiar with and capable of using data systems as part of quality assurance processes.
- Able to inspire the trust, confidence and respect of students, staff, parents and the community.
- Able to evidence a track record of sustaining high achievement.
- Able to evidence a positive approach that motivates others.
- A leader with the clear potential for Headship.
Full details of our person specification can be read in the Job Description and Candidate Information document. Wirral Grammar School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All post holders are subject to an enhanced DBS disclosure.
To apply click on the link below.
The completed WGSB application form, WGSB Self Disclosure Form and covering letter (as detailed in the application process of the Job Description and Candidate Information document) should be sent to Mrs Tanya Fry, Headteacher's PA: firstname.lastname@example.org.
The closing date for applications is Thursday 15th March 2018 at 12noon. Due to the proximity of the Easter holidays, interviews will take place over 3 days on 23rd, 24th and 25th April 2018. For further information on the school please visit our website at www.wirralgrammarboys.com