ACADEMY/TEAM Royton and Crompton E-ACT
WORKING HOURS Full time Teach
CLOSING DATE 22/10/2019
START DATE January 2020
We are looking for an inspirational and ambitious Senior Deputy Headteacher with a proven track record of excellent classroom practice and will support our academy values. We are seeking an ambitious and energetic professional with experience of leading teams, monitoring teaching and learning, and with experience of successfully leading improvement and raising standards.
If you are a dynamic and inspirational leader with the capacity to grow and develop in the role, if you have initiative, constructive enthusiasm, a thorough knowledge of Key Stages 3 and 4 and the ambition to play a major role in the leadership and management of our academy then we would love to hear from you.
For a full description of the role see the job description and person specification.
E-ACT Royton and Crompton
E-ACT Royton and Crompton Academy is an academy with a bright future. We are under the guidance of a new and experienced Leadership Team and E-Act, who are driving the academy forward and moved into a new building in September 2019.
Come join our team
Quite aside from the opportunity to work with students whose energy, creativity and enthusiasm never fail to inspire, our academy is:
• one that takes great pride in providing ‘a culture that places the individual child at its heart’ and a ‘school community that works together to secure improvement.’ We want every child and staff member to stand out from the crowd and feel proud as part of our exciting journey towards achieving world-class status
• a “high energy” and rewarding place to work and our staff make daily positive impact upon our learners. We have a strong belief that if pupils enjoy learning and are equipped with the tools to succeed, then they will achieve at the highest level.
• Committed to teacher development through E-ACT’s professional learning programme in partnership with leading training providers such as Ambition School Leadership.
• Leading the way in youth mental health through our very own Mental Health First Aid programme – we aim to train every teacher as a mental health first aider.
• Somewhere that places wellbeing central to our work, striving to ensure that children and adults learn in a safe, supported, nurturing environment, where they feel confident, worthy, enthusiastic and valued.
Part of the E-ACT family
We are an E-ACT academy and proud to be part of a community that includes over 18,000 students and 2,300 teaching and non-teaching professionals across the country.
E-ACT multi-academy trust is responsible for 29 academies across the length and breadth of England.
Our academies can collaborate and share ideas with one another in ways that schools may not be able to. Most importantly, we all feel part of something much bigger as our responsibilities go far beyond the four walls of a single academy, and extend to people and their communities across the country.
We are always on the lookout for dynamic, motivated and enthusiastic people so we can continue to give every one of our students the opportunity to explore, solve, create and achieve.
In return we offer the chance to work with amazing people and inspirational students, as well as a great salary and sector-leading work-life balance arrangements.
How to apply
• The closing date for this post is 22 October 2019 at 12pm
• Interview date is TBC
• Please send completed application forms to: ERACAHR@E-Act.org.uk
• Please read the supporting documentation carefully before completing and returning our application and equal opportunities forms.
Please note: CV’s are accepted – you will be required to complete a short application form if shortlisted for interview.
E-ACT is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people and vulnerable adults and all appointments are subject to enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) checks and satisfactory references.
E-ACT is also committed to promoting equality, challenging discrimination and developing community cohesion. We welcome applications from all sections of the community.