36 hours a week with an annual leave entitlement of 22 days
An example would be 5pm-10.30pm, Monday-Thursday and 8am-10pm on Sundays
Weekend and evening work on a rota basis
The post is within a small team based at Tudor Park Education Trust. The Sports Hall and school sporting and leisure facilities are used during the day by the schools’ students and are open in the evening and weekends for community use. The Trust is a registered charity and all the proceeds made through lettings are reinvested in the education and facilities of the schools within the Trust.
We are looking to appoint a Senior Duty Manager to take responsibility for the overall day-to-day management of the lettings and sports facilities, the associated staff and clients. You will join a friendly team of committed staff. You will be responsible for liaising with the Head of Facilities Lettings and will have full responsibility when they are not present. The role requires evening and weekend working.
Your main duties would include:
- Take full responsibility for the day-to-day management of the sports and leisure facilities including bookings.
- Ensure that all existing and potential customers are well treated according to good customer care procedures and the Trust’s Equal Opportunities policies.
- Line management of the Duty Managers Inside & Outside, ensuring they are enforcing and upholding the Trust’s policies and Terms and Conditions of Hire and complying with all Trust expectations.
- Regularly report to the Head of Facilities Lettings and attend weekly line management meetings.
- Open up the Sports Hall and associated facilities and get them ready for the session, ensuring they are all in a fit and safe condition for public use.
- Monitor the fabric of the buildings, grounds, facilities and equipment before and after each client session.
- Ensure Health and Safety procedures are followed and take appropriate action in the case of accidents or emergencies.
- Provide first aid in an emergency and maintain records of incidents/accidents.
- Ensure that staff and hirers are aware of Health and Safety procedures, including fire evacuation plans.
- Overall responsibility for site security during operational hours, ensuring only authorised individuals are on the premises.
- Monitoring and updating the Schoolhire booking system, accepting bookings and dealing with customer enquiries.
- Uphold the Trust’s Safeguarding Policy, alerting the Head of Facilities Lettings to any concerns.
- Know and enforce the Trust’s Terms and Conditions of Hire, Lettings Policy and risk assessments.
- Undertake any reasonable additional duties as instructed by the Head of Facilities Lettings, Director of Finance or CEO.
We are looking for someone who is able to confidently oversee all the sports complex facilities. You will be proactive in sorting out any issues that arise and have full commitment to working for the benefit of the Trust at all times. You will demonstrate the highest standards of integrity and uphold the values and ethos of the Trust.
Why work at Tudor Park Education Trust
We are a small Trust with two schools. Each school in our Trust has its own individual identity, while benefiting from the expertise that comes from dedicated and experienced central Trust team. Our schools serve to meet the needs of the local community yet are united in their core purpose of providing an outstanding educational experience. TPET has a generous employment offer which includes a good pension scheme with generous employer contributions.
The application form can also be downloaded from the vacancies section of the Springwest website: www.springwestacademy.org
Please contact Penny Davies for any information you need – by telephone on 0208 831 3007 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: 9am, Tuesday 7 December 2021.
Interviews: according to application.
This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 (Exceptions) Order 1975 (2013 and 2020). This means that certain convictions and cautions are considered ‘protected’ and do not need to be disclosed to employers, and if they are disclosed, employers cannot take them into account.
Under Part 7 of the Immigration Act 2016, the Public Sector fluency duty requires state funded schools to ensure candidates for their customer facing roles have the necessary standard of spoken English (or English or Welsh in Wales). The person appointed to this role is required to communicate with staff, students and outside agencies and therefore should have fluent spoken English.
Here at Springwest Academy, part of Tudor Park Education Trust, we’re always seeking to better our best. We strive to provide outstanding teaching and abundant opportunities in a wonderfully diverse and compassionate community. We lead by example, pr...