Ambitious about Autism is a young and bold charity that moves quickly to make the ordinary possible for children and young people with autism. We are now looking for a Senior Events Fundraising Officer who will have the drive and flair to really take our event fundraising to a new level.
About the role:
- Managing all aspects of the challenge event portfolio including budgeting and marketing
- Preparing detailed event schedules and working project plans for the challenge event programme, outlining activities and responsibilities and ensuring that plans and deadlines are adhered to
- Supporting the Senior Event Manager on bespoke projects such as the Gala Dinner, Rapha Cycle Challenge and growing third party events programme
- Coordinating large and diverse groups of volunteers over a range of locations on events.
- Researching, analysing and monitoring the effectiveness & ROI on a variety of fundraising and promotional activities
- Producing online and offline fundraising and support materials, such as fundraising/information packs, advice materials for event participants, adverts and materials to engage the local and national community
- Building excellent working relationships across the organisations, in particular teams who help to deliver events, including Communications and Finance
- Working closely with the Finance Department to ensure that donations are correctly coded
- Ensuring accurate and accessible record keeping of all activity and relationships and effective use of database (Raiser’s Edge)
- Providing support on Corporate engagement activities such as employee fundraising, charity of the year activities and support applications
- Proven track record in challenge event fundraising and project managing / delivering successful fundraising events
- Effective communicator with excellent written and verbal communication skills, including delivering presentations, copywriting and a knowledge and interest in social media
- Sound knowledge and experience of providing excellent donor care to individuals
- Planning and monitoring income and expenditure budgets, producing management reports and accurate forecasting
- Highly IT literate, with extensive experience of a number of IT packages and databases, including Raisers Edge or other similar database packages
- Ability to produce engaging communication materials and website copy
- Ability to engage, inspire and build strong relationships at all levels, including at a senior level, with ability to network
- Proactive, self-starter, able to work without close supervision, solving problems quickly and effectively
Some of our benefits at Ambitious about Autism include:
- Generous Annual Leave (27 days holidays plus bank holidays and 3 days off between Christmas and New Year)
- Ability to buy and sell up to 2 days additional leave
- Continuing professional development including support for professional courses and qualifications + paid study leave
- Season ticket loans / bike loans
- Life Assurance
- Well-being including on-site physiotherapy, mindfulness training and offering good work life balance
- Pension Scheme
- Family friendly benefits including enhanced maternity and adoption leave and childcare voucher scheme
Ambitious about Autism is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all suitably qualified persons from all sections of the community. If you would like to discuss any reasonable adjustments that you may need as part of your application, please email or call Adele Yilmaz, Senior Recruitment Officer (School and Charity Link).
Ambitious about Autism is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and successful candidates will be subject to an Enhanced DBS check.