Up to £43,000 pa for an exceptional candidate
South and Southwest Hubs (Hampshire, Gloucestershire and Bristol)
Full time, permanent
Immediate start date
Inspire their remarkable with us
We have committed to ensure that all of our Secondary, Primary and Special Academies have access to a high quality, consistent HR, Finance and Operations services. Our transformation of Business Support Services commenced in September 2018. Our South and South West regional hub is established but we are now looking to hire a Senior Finance Lead to complete the Finance team supporting schools in the locations listed.
We have an exciting opportunity for a professional, highly organised and customer-focused Senior Finance Lead to provide a financial and operational partnership for our ten academies within the region, which are served by a regional hub team. Reporting to the Finance and Operations Manager, you will deliver effective financial operations and give support and advice, including all areas of income and expenditure, to support Principals and Headteachers of assigned academies with the financial management of their academies and attend meetings as required to present financial information, including budget forecasts and financial performance information.
You will have a base at your closest local academy, often work remotely and you will work closely with the Finance and Operations staff in the hub in order to support the delivery of effective financial operations.
Some of the duties of the role include:
- Regular and ongoing review of income and expenditure budgets, including re-profiling to meet published AET budget reforecast deadlines
- Responsible for month end processes and closedown of academies’ accounts as allocated in line with published AET deadlines, to include:
- Monthly payroll upload and reconciliation
- Bank reconciliations, including review and recommendation on outstanding items
- Reconciliation of control accounts
- Review and post recharge journals
- Review of Debtors and Creditors
- Review of credit card accounts/usage
- Preparation of monthly management reports with supporting commentary/variance analysis
- Review monthly budget holder reports as allocated in the group of academies prior to distribution
Academies Enterprise Trust (AET) are a national network of 58 primary, special and secondary academies. We passionately believe that every child can discover their own remarkable life. It’s what motivates us around here. We know this vision requires something extra. Which is why at AET, you’ll find more. More opportunities, so you can forge your own path. More care and support, so you can prioritise what matters most. More purpose, for you and for the children we’re inspiring.
- More influence - As a Trust with 58 schools, the work of our support team directly influences the lives of tens of thousands of children.
- More connection - A chance to experience what’s happening within our diverse academies.
- More technology so you can make more impact - G Suite for Education embedded throughout. Collaborative cloud technology gives you access to the latest tools, when and where it suits you. More tech enabled classrooms mean less time spent on admin.
- More ambitious, professional and passionate colleagues - All focused on delivering remarkable lives.
Closing date: Monday 17 May 2021
Interviews will take place shortly after the closing date.
If you have any further questions please don't hesitate to contact us on 07887 654 758 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
We reserve the right to close this vacancy early should we receive an overwhelming response. All candidates are advised to refer to the job description and person specification before making an application.
In line with our safeguarding practices we are unable to accept CV’s. Come inspire their remarkable with us, apply today by clicking the ‘Quick Apply’ button below.
We are committed to safeguarding and protecting the welfare of children and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. A Disclosure and Barring Service Certificate will be required for all posts. This post will be subject to enhanced checks as part of our Prevent Duty.
Academies Enterprise Trust embraces diversity and promotes equality of opportunity. Job share, part time and flexible working opportunities will be considered.
We are a Disability Confident Employer and there is a guaranteed interview scheme for candidates with disabilities who meet the minimum selection criteria.
Follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Linkedin. Further details can be found on our careers page.
AET is recruiting for School Direct placements. Please visit our website https://sites.google.com/aetinet.org/academies-enterprise-trust/work-at-aet/graduates for further details.
Academies Enterprise Trust
South & Southwest England
- English secondary schools
**Please scroll to the bottom of this page to view our live vacancies**
We are a national network of over 58 primary, special and secondary academies. We are passionately committed to inspiring children and young people.
We’ve undergone ...