Robert May’s School is looking to appoint a full time, term time (+5 weeks) Senior Finance Officer following the upcoming retirement of the current post holder.
We are seeking to appoint a suitably experienced, efficient, and qualified person capable of meeting deadlines. The successful candidate will support the Finance Manager in delivering financial services within the school. You will be responsible for ensuring all orders, invoices, receipts, and payments are processed promptly and in accordance with the school’s procedures. In addition, you will be responsible for month end processing, reconciliations, VAT returns and supporting the Finance Manager with financial reporting.
Candidates need to have good communication skills and be able to work with a high degree of accuracy. You will need to be a highly organised team player and be happy to use your own initiative and work independently. Experience of finance systems and Excel is essential, and experience of Academy Trust finance is desirable.
The ideal candidate will:
• Have experience of working in a similar role
• Have excellent communication and organisational skills
• Be confident with commitment accounting systems (PS Financials/Hoge 100 is preferred) as well as advanced Excel
• Have a high level of accuracy and attention to detail
• Have experience in the management of month end procedures, including bank reconciliations, control account reconciliations, payroll journals, fixed assets, including depreciation
• Understand VAT regulations and have experience of producing monthly VAT returns
Candidates are welcome to contact Lisa Shackleton, HR Officer firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange an informal discussion about the role and department prior to application.
Robert May’s School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We will ensure that all our recruitment and selection practices reflect this commitment. All successful candidates will be subject to an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check along with other relevant pre-employment checks.
Robert May’s School is a highly successful comprehensive single academy trust school, with the largest catchment area in Hampshire. In recent years the school has ranked in the top 10% of national non-selective schools for attainment. Its 1,290...