The Stockwood Park Academy have an excellent opportunity for a Senior Head of Year to join their pastoral team. We are seeking a confident, impactful and assured leader to monitor and evaluate the standards of achievement, attendance, behaviour and welfare across all year groups within Key Stages 3 and 4. To achieve this end, you will engage with students, parents and the staff body, to implement best practices to record and identify areas of development. The successful candidate will lead a team of Year Leaders to ensure continuity and progression across the year groups. This is a non-teaching post and will suit a dynamic individual who will lead from the front in all areas of the pastoral curriculum.
At The Stockwood Park Academy, we are extremely proud of the excellent education experience offered. You will certainly benefit from forward-thinking and supportive leadership and encouraging and enthusiastic staff body who work tirelessly to see you succeed. It’s incredibly important to us here at The Stockwood Park Academy that all our staff are valued, listened to, mentored, challenged and given adequate opportunities to develop. As a Teaching Trust, we offer exceptional, high-quality professional development programmes catered to your needs.
• Monitor and line-manage year leaders to ensure continuity, progression and transition across all key stages
• Monitor attendance across Key Stages 3 & 4 and ensure pastoral teams undertake timely actions.
• Monitor Persistent Absence across year groups and undertake timely interventions
• Lead on all aspects of the admissions interviews protocol arranging/meeting/monitoring the mid-year transition process
The successful candidate will:
• Have a good honours degree – Desirable or be education to A-level standard
• Have experience of managing other employees’ performance
• Be able to work on one’s own initiative and balance competing priorities
• Start Date: October 2019
• Salary: L7 scale point 26 – M2 scale point 32 - £29,636 - £34,788 (FTE) / £25,646 - £30,105 (Pro Rata)
• Job Role: Full time, Permanent, Term-time only
Why work for The Stockwood Park Academy:
• £30 million state of the art modern facilities with well-equipped classrooms
• You will be working alongside charismatic, supportive and genuine colleagues and Senior Leadership Team who want to see you succeed and thrive
• A staff wellbeing team that implements various strategies to boost staff engagement including various activities, events, conferences and many other staff benefits
• Unparalleled CPD and training opportunities with cross trust and national development programmes
• Excellent opportunities to develop and grow in a successful and expanding Academy