Al Khor International School is one of the largest international schools in the Middle East with more than 4,000 students. We are owned by Qatargas, the world’s two largest producers of liquefied natural gas companies. The school has exceptional facilities and is located in Al Khor, 40 minutes north of Qatar’s capital city Doha.
Reporting to the Head of HR and Admin Support Services, the candidate will be responsible for the provision of HR expertise encompassing all HR disciplines including HRIS, payroll, data analysis, and reporting.
As a core member of the HR team, they will also be responsible for the implementation of HR policies and procedures, audit compliance, implementing best practice, and ensuring KPIs are met.
Analytical with keen attention to detail, the role holder should have extensive generalist experience in managing payroll, HRIS (design, system specification, user acceptance testing, systems upgrade), and administering contractual salary and benefits. The successful applicant will be adept at producing a variety of HR reports and using those reports to inform quality decision-making in the business.
What we are looking for
CIPD qualified, with previous experience of HR management within further or higher education, in the UK public sector. S/he will work effectively at all levels within the organisation, be self-motivated and work own initiative. The successful candidate will also have a real commitment to delivering excellence in all areas and encouraging others to do the same.
The successful candidate will possess
- A minimum of 6-10 years’ experience with extensive knowledge of the entire employee lifecycle and best practice.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Accounting or, Human Resources or, equivalent.
- Resilience and a drive to succeed and make a difference.
- Excellent stakeholder management and consultation skills.
- In-depth working knowledge of Qatar Labour law.
- Ability to coach and mentor others on policy application and interpretation.
- Experience of managing the payroll function, managing HRIS and working with external consultant to establish industry best practice.
- UK and GCC experience essential.
- The ability to respect and promote individual and cultural differences - the incumbent must be willing and able to work in a multi-cultural environment, open to ideas and values which may differ from those they may be accustomed to.
- The ability to move forward in a rapidly changing environment - the incumbent must be willing and able to adapt to a changing environment while maintaining a positive attitude in support of new ideas.
- A methodical and consistent approach to their priorities and workload.
This is a great opportunity to join a successful school that is building on its excellent results and reputation, and is committed to becoming an outstanding school and centre of excellence in the region.
What we offer:
Our generous compensation packages includes:
• Tax-free salary
• Accommodation allowance
• Baggage allowance
• Free annual air tickets
• Free club, swimming pool and gymnasium access
• Free education for up to 4 children
• End of service gratuity
Recruitment Requirements: As part of the recruitment process, you will be required to submit fully notarized and attested academic degrees, transcripts, marriage and dependent birth certificates as well as criminal background checks.
Please note that due to government requirements we can only consider applicants who are below 50 years old.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
The deadline for receipt of applications for this position is 11 December 2018.