We are seeking a Senior Inspector for the Cayman Islands Office of Education Standards
School Inspections in the Cayman Islands.
Joining the Office of Education Standards at this time presents a unique and challenging opportunity. The post will play a key role in contributing to the re-establishment of a system of inspections, as well as influencing policy making through findings from inspections and subsequent recommendations.
The Office of Education Standards has responsibility for evaluating all educational provision in the Cayman Islands. Government schools in the Cayman Islands, and some of the private schools, follow a British-based curriculum, with a large number of our children sitting British or Caribbean external examinations at the end of high school.
Remuneration and Benefits
The Cayman Islands offers one of the highest standards of living in the Caribbean. It is a tax-free jurisdiction, with a friendly welcoming people, combining the best of the relaxed Caribbean attitude and modern living. Its proximity to Miami also provides easy access to North America and the rest of the Caribbean.
The remuneration package for the successful candidate offers a salary in the range of CI$63,684 to CI$73,860.
Salaries are offered without deductions. The Government provides an additional 12% pension contribution and health insurance for employees and their dependents. To assist with relocation you will receive an interest free settlement loan within the first week of your arrival equivalent to one month’s salary, moving expenses for personal belongings and hotel accommodation for 7 nights.
Essential Skills and Qualifications
We want to hear from you if you meet all of the criteria below:
- You are a qualified OFSTED/HMI/ International inspector with substantial experience in leading external inspections of primary and secondary schools and early years’ settings
- You are a qualified teacher with a minimum of seven years successful teaching experience with at least five years in a senior management position
- Successful leadership experience working within a local authority or similar cross-school role
- You are highly analytical with excellent ICT, communication and inter-personal skills
- Experience of working in other international settings would be an advantage
And most importantly, you are a true servant-leader, committed to having a positive impact on improving education standards for students across the Cayman Islands.
A completed application along with your cover letter, quoting Ref#:V011/2017 should be sent via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org by 28th November 2017
For an application form and full job description, please visit our website at www.recruitment.gov.ky or contact us on (345) 244-2367.