We are looking for an outstanding Senior IT Technician. This is an excellent opportunity to develop your career in the first autism school in Abu Dhabi.
Al Karamah School and Training Institute is a high-profile school for Emirati students, offering world-leading education and behavioural care. Based in Abu Dhabi, our aim is to make a real and lasting difference for every young person we support. The School will cater for children and young people on the autistic spectrum, aged 3 to 25, who range from low to high functioning.
Al Karamah School opened in January 2019 and is designed drawing on our experience of creating a suitable environment which is attuned to child-centred learning. We have a strong track record of creating great, positive learning environments where young people are able to attain the highest educational, behavioural and personal outcomes, and are able to go on and have fulfilling lives and careers.
We are seeking a helpful, knowledgeable and reliable Senior IT Technician with specific knowledge around network management and IT infrastructure, and capable of leading by example for team members, to join the School’s IT Team. Al Karamah School and Training Institute has an impressive IT infrastructure along with a variety of digital teaching and learning technologies. This is a vital role that underpins the smooth running of the schools ensuring all the systems and programmes run seamlessly.
The post is a busy one and being ready to deal with anything which might come the IT Team’s way. It is a collaborative set-up, working within a small team and providing a first-class service to those in the classrooms and those working in other support posts. Support for online learning and remote working is also required.
The role provides for a high degree of autonomy, so candidates must be able to adopt a logical and resilient approach to their own workload and to solving problems, as well as have an aptitude for customer service and problem resolution. High levels of personal resilience and a sense of humour are essential.
We are deeply committed to the continuous professional development of our staff, and you will be joining an enthusiastic, friendly, and well qualified team. We believe the right candidates will find this post challenging, stimulating and rewarding.
- You will be provided with a competitive employment package with tax free salary dependent on qualifications and experience
- Good staff retention rates – The staff are happy at this school
- Peer support to settle in
- Access to strong formal CPD opportunities with UK links to universities offering qualifications through distance learning and informally working with SEN experts.
- Bachelors degree in IT, computer science or relevant degree
- Recognised IT qualifications
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in an IT environment
- Experience of working as a member of a team and evidence of the ability to work effectively with colleagues.
- Experience of working in a school or educational setting
- Experience of working with children with autism and other special educational needs
We will be shortlisting and interviewing in the coming weeks, and should you be asked to attend interview we will contact you to request further details.
Priory Education Services is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. All applicants must be willing to undergo safeguarding screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and disclosures with the relevant body at an enhanced level. We are an equal opportunities employer.
Al Karamah School
- Special needs with independent funding