St. Mary Magdalene is a popular and successful school with two school campuses; a primary site in Woolwich and a brand new state of the art all through site on the Greenwich Peninsula. It leads a federation with another primary school in Greenwich (SE10), Christ Church – the Koinonia Federation.
We are looking for a Senior IT Technician to join our friendly and successful IT Service team as soon as possible. The role is predominately based at the Peninsula campus but may require you to give support at either of the other campuses at certain times.
St Mary Magdalene has a modern IT system, using mainly Apple Mac hard/software. You should be friendly, adaptable, willing to learn and work hard. This is an exciting and varied role and you will be involved in all aspects of IT service delivery.
Key duties will include:
- responding to helpdesk requests as part of the IT Federation team
- desktop/server support on all Federation devices
- assisting with all areas of ICT including Audio Visual equipment and fixing/updating equipment across the federation
- assisting the Network Federation Manager on projects, servers and systems management
Your skills should include:
- knowledge and proven skills in Apple Technologies, Windows 10, Microsoft Office 2016,2019, Office 365.
- Windows 2016/2019 Server Administration and Infrastructure including virtualisation with VMware and Microsoft Hypervisor technologies
- JAMF experience is desirable or similar MDM technologies managing Apple Infrastructures
- Familiarity with display equipment, such as interactive whiteboards, large TVs and projectors
We can offer:
- a supportive leadership team and vibrant professional community
- a commitment to continuing professional development
- energetic and enthusiastic students
- a supportive, Christian ethos across our school communities
Applications will be considered on receipt and shortlisted candidates will be invited to come in for an interview and to undertake a job-related task, on a mutually convenient date. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Our new £65m building is situated on the Greenwich Peninsula, beside the O2, offering excellent public transport links via the Jubilee Line to North Greenwich and various bus routes. Please note there are no parking facilities at the school.
As this role will involve contact with children we will take up at least two references before interview asking about your suitability to work with children. Any job offer will be conditional on you having a satisfactory Enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service Criminal Records Check and Barred List Check, having the legal right to work in the UK and having satisfactory overseas criminal records checks if deemed necessary.