NORTHERN STAR ACADEMIES TRUST
HARROGATE HIGH SCHOOL
AINSTY ROAD, HARROGATE, HG1 4AP
Tel: 01423 548800
Academy Head: Charlotte Clarke
Senior IT Support Technician – Harrogate Hub
Required as soon as possible
37 hours per week, Full Time (all year round)
Salary range – NJC Band H / I SCP points 18 - 29 (£ 24,313 to £ 32,029 FTE)
Dependant on experience
Harrogate High School, part of Northern Star Academies Trust, are seeking to recruit a Senior IT Technician. NSAT is an innovative and growing multi-academy trust. Its operational model is based around a centralised executive management function and three geographical ‘hubs’ – Harrogate, Skipton and Keighley – enabling the sharing and managing of resources in support of the local hub schools. The IT Technician role is critical to the effective and efficient running of the schools in the Harrogate Hub. The successful applicant will be enthusiastic, positive, well organised and possess the ability to work in close partnership with staff from across the schools and colleagues in the MAT Centre.
• Be responsible for the day to day management of all ICT services at Harrogate High School, being the first point of contact for IT support escalation and problem management within the schools;
• Work within the trust ICT team to help support all primary schools across the Harrogate Hub
• Take a proactive approach in dealing with IT support requests and software / equipment faults to ensure a high standard of support is always maintained;
• Monitor all critical systems, such as anti-virus, networking equipment, server hardware systems and respond to alerts generated by these systems appropriately;
• Work closely with the Exams and Cover Manager to implement and support all online examination client / server software for individual examination boards;
• Be efficient, organised and capable in order to prioritise tasks effectively; • Be approachable and possess excellent interpersonal skills
Applicants will ideally have a minimum of 2 years’ experience of working as an IT Technician preferably in a similar environment.
We expect all staff to share our commitment to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people. This post is subject to enhanced DBS clearance.
Further details and an application form are available from the school website or by email request to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: 12pm on Monday 23 September 2019
Interviews: Date to be confirmed
We welcome applications from all sections of the community