Sharnbrook Upper School a member of the Sharnbrook Academy Federation multi-academy trust. Our academy is set in attractive rural surroundings and provides excellent opportunities for pupils currently aged 13 to 18. We are looking forward to becoming Sharnbrook Academy and moving to secondary status from September 2017, when our students will join the academy from year 7. We are proud to be part of an organisation where students thrive in lessons and make significant contributions to the wider life of the school through extracurricular activities, work in the community and by participating in local and national competitions. Student behaviour is exemplary, and the climate for learning is vibrant and inclusive.
Senior Lead - School Improvement, Teaching and Learning
Full time - September 2017
Leadership Pay Scale L13 – L17
This is a rare and exciting opportunity for an ambitious senior teacher or experienced middle leader looking to enter the next stage of their career. Working with the senior leadership team, the successful candidate will help to shape the future development of our secondary academy.
The successful candidate will be an exceptionally talented and dynamic individual with a proven track record of excellence in the classroom and someone who can champion teaching and learning by modelling best practice. The post-holder should have a drive to lead, motivate and challenge staff to secure continual improvement across all areas of the academy. They should be able to communicate effectively, manage challenging situations and work well under pressure. They should be aspirational for our students and relentless in their desire to improve standards.
The main areas of responsibility include:
- Leading teaching and learning initiatives across the academy;
- Being accountable for academy improvement initiatives, as directed by the associate principal;
- Scheduling and evidencing the impact of learning walks and learning talks;
- Leading the enrichment curriculum, including the PSHE taught curriculum and associated events;
- Leading literacy across the curriculum, including overseeing and quality assuring the introduction of ‘Accelerated Reader’;
- Leading CPD and training sessions, as requested by the associate principal.
We can offer:
- the opportunity to join an excellent and well-resourced school environment, with exceptionally happy and motivated students and a talented and forward-thinking staff team;
- the support of being part of a well-respected multi-academy trust who will nurture your abilities with their excellent ethos and values;
- a stimulating and creative working environment where extracurricular activities flourish;
- potential career/secondment opportunities within our MAT schools;
- childcare vouchers and an on-site nursery for babies and pre-school children.
If you believe you have more to offer and you want to rise to the challenge of joining our SLT, we look forward to hearing from you.
Closing date for applications: Tuesday 23rd May 2017 at 9.00 am.
Interview date: Thursday 25th May 2017
To apply, please send a completed application form with a covering letter to the HR Department: HR@sharnbrook.beds.sch.uk
Sharnbrook Upper School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff to share this commitment. Applicants will undergo appropriate child protection screening including checks with past employers, the Disclosure and Barring Service and the list of those prohibited from teaching or working within the profession.