Kingwood Academy is committed to ensuring all pupils make greater than expected progress across all key stages in the subject of Science. Our aim is to deliver outstanding lessons to every pupil, every day. The highest expectations and world class learning will translate into outstanding academic achievement. We aim to inspire students to push the limits of their knowledge and skills, as well as finding solutions to significant scientific questions.
We are seeking to appoint an inspirational Senior Leader of Science and STEM with a proven track record of rapidly and sustainably raising standards at academy wide level.
The ideal candidate will:
- Be an excellent Science Practitioner;
- Be passionate about driving up standards across the academy;
- Firmly believe that outstanding teaching and learning, in every lesson, every day is the key driver to ensuring sustainable change;
- Lead teams to drive forward a culture and ethos underpinned by the academy’s Vision and Key Drivers;
- Bring an unwavering commitment to promoting outstanding provision at all levels and will not be satisfied until all lessons are judged to be outstanding;
- Have the knowledge and experience of the urban context in which Kingswood academy operates, and in turn understands the importance of good teaching and learning; coupled with clear behaviour systems which are supported by outstanding welfare support, in terms of raising aspirations and achieving outstanding learning outcomes;
- Be an effective line manager with the ability to challenge and support both staff and students appropriately;
- Have a proven track record of rapidly and sustainably raising the standards at departmental level and will not be satisfied until all lessons taught are at least good;
- Not be satisfied until all students are making better than expected progress across all subjects.
Career development recruitment incentives:
- Access and support to senior leadership programmes from the outset such as NPQSL;
- Candidates should be looking at this post as a 2 year career pathway to becoming an Assistant Headteacher rather than just a Senior Leader of Science and STEM post;
- We advise you to come in and speak with the Headteacher to discuss the above and shape the next 2 years of your career.
We passionately believe that every child can discover their own remarkable life. It’s what motivates us around here. We know this vision requires something extra. Which is why at AET, you’ll find more. More opportunities, so you can forge your own path. More care and support, so you can prioritise what matters most. More purpose, for you and for the children we’re inspiring.
- More opportunity to grow your career - We’ll support you in developing your career and experience at this school or another AET school.
- More tailored support - We understand every academy is unique. We’ll give you tailored support and flexibility, allowing you to do what’s best for your children.
- More chance to see what’s out there - We create opportunities for teachers to visit other AET academies and learn from outside experience.
- More like minded colleagues, so you can benefit from others’ experience - You’re connected to our network of 58 academies and thousands of education professionals.
- More technology so you can make more impact - G Suite for Education embedded throughout. Collaborative cloud technology gives you access to the latest tools, when and where it suits you. More tech enabled classrooms mean less time spent on admin and more time teaching.
- More time - We strive to minimise unnecessary distractions so you can have energy for your job, and your life.
Closing Date: Sunday 20th October 2019
Interviews are scheduled to take place Wednesday 23rd October 2019
We reserve the right to close this vacancy early should we receive an overwhelming response. All candidates are advised to refer to the job description and person specification before making an application.
In line with our safeguarding practices we are unable to accept CV’s. Find your remarkable, apply today by clicking the apply now button.
We are committed to safeguarding and protecting the welfare of children and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. A Disclosure and Barring Service Certificate will be required for all posts. This post will be subject to enhanced checks as part of our Prevent Duty.
Follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Linkedin. Further details can be found on our careers page.
AET is recruiting for School Direct placements. Please visit our website https://sites.google.com/aetinet.org/academies-enterprise-trust/work-at-aet/graduates for further details.