Great Wyrley Academy
Senior Leader with responsibility for SEND (SENCO)
Leadership Scale 9 - 13
£51,402 - £56,721
Full time, permanent, to start as soon as possible
We are looking to appoint a dedicated and ambitious Senior Leader with responsibility for SEND to join our friendly and supportive secondary school as part of the extended Senior Leadership team. The role will include coordinating and monitoring the delivery of SEND provision across the whole school. You will be innovative and will lead the SEN provision of the whole school supporting all learners to achieve to the best of their abilities. There is also the possibility of a trust-wide role.
Great Wyrley Academy is part of a growing Multi Academy Trust which affords our staff many cross phase opportunities. We are highly ambitious for our students, staff and community and aspire to be exceptional in everything we do. We are committed to delivering the very best education for all students. This is demonstrated through the school’s motto of “Relentlessly Pursuing Excellence”. We offer a friendly and inclusive working environment where children and the community are at the heart of all we do. Professional development opportunities are outstanding.
We would love to hear from you if you:
• are committed to improving the outcomes of all children
• have previous experience and/or SENCo qualification
• has a qualified teacher status (QTS)
• have excellent knowledge of safeguarding procedures
• have excellent communication, organisational and interpersonal skills
• have a commitment to working collaboratively with all members of our school
• are committed to promoting the positive ethos of the school and fostering an effective
• would like to work in an inclusive, welcoming and supportive team
Please apply online for this vacancy through our vacancies page on our website www.greatwyrleyacademy.org.uk. If you would like to visit the school, please contact Mrs Marie Newman, PA to Headteacher on 01922 419311 to arrange an appointment.
Closing date for application forms: 8 December 2021 at 12pm
Interview date: w/c 13 December 2021
Great Wyrley Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is subject to an enhanced DBS check with barred list check. Details of our Safeguarding Policy are available on the school web-site. Evidence of your right to work in the UK is required.