Senior Learning Support Assistant (LSA) (Level 3)
£18,201 - £18,659 per annum.
38.5 hours per week, term time only
Here at the St Elizabeth's Centre we manage a specialist School for children and young people aged 5 – 19, located within 68 acres of beautiful parkland between the towns of Harlow and Bishops Stortford. We exist to provide our students with an educational experience that will not only extend their academic skills and abilities, but will also promote personal growth and help to build self esteem.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Senior LSA to join our team in the school. As a senior LSA you will assist teachers in the provision of the national curriculum and help to meet the individual needs of the learners through various strategies both in and out of the classroom.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Planning, preparing and delivering learning activities for individuals/groups
- Monitoring learner’s progress and assessing, recording and reporting on learners achievement.
- Organising cover for staff
- DATIX reporting
- Induction & supporting new LSAs/RLSAs.
- Covering PPA (Planning, preparation and assessment).
- Working within a team of seniors to organise and lead LSA meetings and briefings
- Assist with supervision of pupils out of lesson times including before and after school and at lunchtime.
You will also need to have Level 3 in STLiS / SSTLiS or equivalent, with a willingness to achieve SSTLiS (if not already obtained ) This is a great opportunity for someone looking to develop their leadership skills and who has experience in supporting learners who have complex needs.
This role is for an average of 38.5 hours per week term time only, with some flexibility to meet service needs.
We offer a range of staff benefits including:
- High Street retail/leisure discounts
- Discounted gym membership
- Free on-site parking facilities
- On-site subsidised canteen
- Life assurance
- Enhanced DBS paid for by us
- Contributory pension
Closing Date: 18 December 2018 Interview Dates: TBC
**We reserve the right to close the vacancy earlier in the event that we receive sufficient applications
Please note we are not on a public transport route.
For further information about St Elizabeth’s or to apply, please visit our website: www.stelizabeths.org.uk
Offers are subject to pre-employment checks including an enhanced DBS check.
Registered Charity 176777